Super Favorites Help
Is there a readme or help file that explains the use and functionality of Super Favorites settings.

I'm new and trying to customize a bit but not sure how to get what I need accomplished. For example.:

- I have a few folders with several addons in each. Every addon has its own thumbnail as expected but the fanart is the same in each folder (default). I would like to change to unique fanart for each folder or make fanart background change to mirror the addon thumbnail. Is this possible?

- is it possible to remove the .. (Up arrow) so I only show the items in a folder?

- Can I disable the backspace function so you cannot go back to see kodi default addon menu when arriving in a folder from shortcut? Want to be like a. menu and do not want a new user to become confused or lost in the system.

- Can I take the default super favorite folders that is present in each addon folder?

Thanks,
wow I was just doing a search for literally exactly what you are asking here. I am not as concerned with background art as I am removal of the up arrow and disabling the backspace function. Have you ever figured out if those are possible Jayson?
Would probably be better asked in the Super Favorites thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662
(2016-01-18, 17:56)Jayson Wonder Wrote: Is there a readme or help file that explains the use and functionality of Super Favorites settings.

I'm new and trying to customize a bit but not sure how to get what I need accomplished. For example.:

- I have a few folders with several addons in each. Every addon has its own thumbnail as expected but the fanart is the same in each folder (default). I would like to change to unique fanart for each folder or make fanart background change to mirror the addon thumbnail. Is this possible?

- is it possible to remove the .. (Up arrow) so I only show the items in a folder?

- Can I disable the backspace function so you cannot go back to see kodi default addon menu when arriving in a folder from shortcut? Want to be like a. menu and do not want a new user to become confused or lost in the system.

- Can I take the default super favorite folders that is present in each addon folder?

Thanks,

Super Folder fanart can be set by opening the context menu on the Folder, select Edit Super Folder, then select Choose fanart

Super Favourite (what you refer to as addon) fanart can be set by opening the context menu on the Super Favourite, select Edit Super Favourite, then select Choose fanart

Removing the Up is a skin setting (In confluence it is System | Appearance | File lists | Show parent folder items)

You cannot disable the backspace functionality via Super Favourites (although you could probably do it via a keymap)

(2016-01-18, 17:56)Jayson Wonder Wrote: - Can I take the default super favorite folders that is present in each addon folder?
No idea what you mean by that

Are you are putting a "Build" together - if that is the case please PM me regarding this, as I am not in favour of SF being used on "fully loaded" builds (see here https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/ )
I love this addon, but one thing is missing.
When I open this addon I have my custom superfavorites menu where I can set a fanart for each menu but I need to apply this background to all underlying favorites and addons in that superfavorite folder.
This is not possible when I make a change in the first menu I also have to change it to each addon in its folder.
I know I can set a default fanart but this will apply it to all superfavorites this is not a good way if you have different catagories like kidszone and music.
So would you want all the items in a folder to inherit the 1st items fanart (if and only if they don't have one specifically set)

Sent from my iPhone
not possible?
I use it in kodi 17. It doesn't work very well
I love this addon as well. Just like RMKBuilds, I would love to see items in a folder inherit their parent folder's fanart, but keep their individual thumbnails. Here's why: I created a themed folder named 'Superheroes' for my son, to which I gave an appropriate background, and added a variety of Superhero cartoons for him in there. Would be fitting to not have to manually set the fanart of each individual cartoon added to maintain the integrity of what was originally assigned the parent folder.

Also, I would like more control over the look and feel of newly created Super folders. As much as I appreciate the default imagery and the level of pride attached to them, I would prefer it that my Super folders contain no fanart and thumbnail at inception. A clear-cut option to do this (no tweak, no hack, no sporadic results) would be neat.

Thank you.
And keep up the amazing work you do.
Also, I wanted to know if there was a way to ensure I don't lose all my thumbnails when I use Raw Maintenance to delete thumbnails. I know that by creating a kodi favourite out of the super favourite folder and then linking to it it will safeguard my thumbnails and cause them to auto-regenerate upon deletion, but I was wondering if there was an internal way to do this from within Super Favourites so not to burn the candle on both ends?
(2017-04-08, 11:27)Indavine Wrote: I love this addon as well. Just like RMKBuilds, I would love to see items in a folder inherit their parent folder's fanart, but keep their individual thumbnails. Here's why: I created a themed folder named 'Superheroes' for my son, to which I gave an appropriate background, and added a variety of Superhero cartoons for him in there. Would be fitting to not have to manually set the fanart of each individual cartoon added to maintain the integrity of what was originally assigned the parent folder.

Also, I would like more control over the look and feel of newly created Super folders. As much as I appreciate the default imagery and the level of pride attached to them, I would prefer it that my Super folders contain no fanart and thumbnail at inception. A clear-cut option to do this (no tweak, no hack, no sporadic results) would be neat.

Thank you.
And keep up the amazing work you do.

In Krypton all the movies and tv shows I add to the folders I created for them, show their background when highlighted. In Jarvis all I get is the super favorites background image on every movie or tv show I highlight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Super Favorites Help0