Super Favorites Help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jayson Wonder Offline
Is there a readme or help file that explains the use and functionality of Super Favorites settings.

I'm new and trying to customize a bit but not sure how to get what I need accomplished. For example.:

- I have a few folders with several addons in each. Every addon has its own thumbnail as expected but the fanart is the same in each folder (default). I would like to change to unique fanart for each folder or make fanart background change to mirror the addon thumbnail. Is this possible?

- is it possible to remove the .. (Up arrow) so I only show the items in a folder?

- Can I disable the backspace function so you cannot go back to see kodi default addon menu when arriving in a folder from shortcut? Want to be like a. menu and do not want a new user to become confused or lost in the system.

- Can I take the default super favorite folders that is present in each addon folder?

Thanks,
find quote
nofxjmf Offline
wow I was just doing a search for literally exactly what you are asking here. I am not as concerned with background art as I am removal of the up arrow and disabling the backspace function. Have you ever figured out if those are possible Jayson?
find quote
pdops Offline
Would probably be better asked in the Super Favorites thread
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192662
find quote
spoyser Offline
Donor
(2016-01-18 17:56)Jayson Wonder Wrote:  Is there a readme or help file that explains the use and functionality of Super Favorites settings.

I'm new and trying to customize a bit but not sure how to get what I need accomplished. For example.:

- I have a few folders with several addons in each. Every addon has its own thumbnail as expected but the fanart is the same in each folder (default). I would like to change to unique fanart for each folder or make fanart background change to mirror the addon thumbnail. Is this possible?

- is it possible to remove the .. (Up arrow) so I only show the items in a folder?

- Can I disable the backspace function so you cannot go back to see kodi default addon menu when arriving in a folder from shortcut? Want to be like a. menu and do not want a new user to become confused or lost in the system.

- Can I take the default super favorite folders that is present in each addon folder?

Thanks,

Super Folder fanart can be set by opening the context menu on the Folder, select Edit Super Folder, then select Choose fanart

Super Favourite (what you refer to as addon) fanart can be set by opening the context menu on the Super Favourite, select Edit Super Favourite, then select Choose fanart

Removing the Up is a skin setting (In confluence it is System | Appearance | File lists | Show parent folder items)

You cannot disable the backspace functionality via Super Favourites (although you could probably do it via a keymap)

(2016-01-18 17:56)Jayson Wonder Wrote:  - Can I take the default super favorite folders that is present in each addon folder?
No idea what you mean by that

Are you are putting a "Build" together - if that is the case please PM me regarding this, as I am not in favour of SF being used on "fully loaded" builds (see here https://kodi.tv/the-piracy-box-sellers-a...ling-kodi/ )
find quote