Freeze at random during playback
Sad 
Hello all,

i'm using Kodi for many years now on multiple systems (RPI, Windows, Android) in combination with a MySQL database running on a Synology NAS.

Since a couple of months I've been having a problem when playing movies and tv episodes on my RPI.
It happens at random, not at a specific time frame during the playback. The audio stops and 2 sec later, the video freezes.
It doesn't happen with every playback, sometimes I can watch several episodes, before the problem starts.
The only thing I can do at that moment is reboot the RPI, then I can start the playback again from the beginning.

The weird thing is that I have only seen this happen when using the RPI. On Windows or Android, no problem.

First of all I started to Google if someone else has the same problem. Sadly I haven't found the same problem.

I already tried, new clean installs of the Openelec image, version 6.0.0. Also I have tried different distro's (and different SD-cards), like OSMC, same thing happens. After that I've been trying new ethernet cables, didn't help. I've bypassed the switches I use in my network, also didn't help.
I created a new MySQL database, in the hope that it would solve my problem, but it didn't.
I even formatted my NAS to exclude a problem within the NAS OS, didn't change a thing.

Whatever I try, the problem still persists. I really don't know anymore what I can do the find a solution to my problem.
That's why I hope one of you guys can help me.

I've been looking at the KODI log files, but can't really find a problem. I am however not a programmer and also not trained in reading log files.

I really hope someone maybe recognizes the problem and can help me.

Grtz, Chris
Post the debug log (wiki) (to a paste site like xbmclogs.com)
I too see this when watching my Blu-Ray movies riped into an ISO file. It has become quite anoying yet I here very few (like you and one other) saying they have an issue... but I wonder is everyone else using .mkv or .avi ?

May I ask are you using .iso images, are they blu-ray?

JB
Today i used a RPI2 model B, to see if I have the same problem with it.
And yes, i had a freeze again. Now I have logfile from that moment.
I can't find an error however.

XBMCLogs.com isn't working, so I uploaded the file to another site.

http://www.spiritflyer.nl/x/log-2016-01-21-18.32.40.zip

Hope this helps.

Grtz, Chris

PS. I mainly watch tvshow episodes, these can be VI, MP4 or MKV files.
This is the issue - running out of arm memory:
Code:
[ 8743.418197] Out of memory: Kill process 359 (kodi.bin) score 893 or sacrifice child

We'll need to narrow down what is unique about your setup. Ideally disable all add-ons and custom settings.
That can be done by reanaming ~/.kodi and rebooting. Does it still crash?

I notice you have a boblight setup - that should be an obvious thing to try disabling/enabling.
I have had this exact same problem for as long as I've had my RPI 2 and had no issues on an rpi 1.

On the RPI 2, this was most prominent using Kodi on Rasbian with the retropie script. It was likely the background Emulation Station causing issues. I only just am trying OSMC to see if it's any more friendly.
I think I solved (found what's causing it) the problem.

I disabled the 2 boblight apps in the addon section. Then a reboot.
After that I've been testing for several days, but haven't seen the freeze anymore.

It's really weird, because I already tried this once a while ago, and back then I still got the freeze.

I keep watching for the freeze, for now it seems that it was the boblight software. Sadly though now I can't use my Lightpack anymore.

Grtz, Chris
(2016-01-27, 09:28)spiritflyer Wrote: I keep watching for the freeze, for now it seems that it was the boblight software. Sadly though now I can't use my Lightpack anymore.

Have you tried hyperion?
It's a much lighter weight boblight clone.
(2016-01-27, 13:42)popcornmix Wrote: Have you tried hyperion?
It's a much lighter weight boblight clone.

Yeah I've looked into it once, but couldn't get it to work.

Last week I bought a new 65" tv, with ambilight, so I won't be needing the Lightpack module anymore.
I haven't had the freeze anymore, with the boblight addon disabled.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freeze at random during playback0