Cannot reply to private message??
Hey guys can anyone help me, Ive had a private message from someone from the forum but i cannot reply to them, Tells me i don't have permission to view this page. Any ideas on why this may be?

thanks alot
Yes you need a minimum number of posts to PM.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
You need more than 10 posts to have PM sending privs enabled.

So your post above should have unlocked that capability.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the replies guys, Yeah its working now. Cheers
thank you as well for spamming our forum with a bunch of useless 'thanx' posts just to reach the 10 post limit.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
and thanks for not having searched the forum before asking. It's not like this hasn't been answered 10 times or more already Wink
Guys instead of panning this guy for not finding a solution himself, why can't someone make the error message from the PM section more informative. "As a new user you can't use PM, this is an antispam measure."

Also if a user PM's someone with less than 10 posts, why not warn the sender that the recipient will not be able to respond?

Also an antispam measure needn't apply to replies. Perhaps the 10 post limit should only apply to someone initiating a conversation, not to someone replying.

Or maybe it should have a rate limit, if less than X posts, only allow 3 PMs a day?

This user did not want to request some private support, or spam anyone. He received a PM and couldn't reply. How is he to reply without getting his post count up. Solving the PM spam problem has this consequence I'm afraid,
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
you're ofc right nickr. Think is, we're about to migrate the forum to a newer version and thus we're not modifying the current one and are for now stuck with stock myBB features

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot reply to private message??0