OS X Kodi 15.2 on external screen
OSX9.5
kodi 15.2

I normally use an external screen connected to my Mac.

I often take the mac to my bed, but when I pull the video cable, Kodi's mouse arrow sticks to the top of the screen. And the only solution is to quit Kodi.

This has persisted on 15.0, 1 and 2, so... is it a previously reported bug or is there no way to avoid it?

(the reason for showing Kodi framed is that is was the only way to screenshoot the mouse arrow)

that use case is ugly from a developers point of view. At least I have no dedication to dig into this...

For being complete - osx9.5? - which version do you really have?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-01-19, 08:12)Memphiz Wrote: that use case is ugly from a developers point of view. At least I have no dedication to dig into this...

For being complete - osx9.5? - which version do you really have?

Mac OSX 9.5, also called Maverick
on a 13" MBP 2010

external monitor is an Apple Cinema screen.

(2016-01-19, 08:12)Memphiz Wrote: that use case is ugly from a developers point of view. At least I have no dedication to dig into this...

Actually, there is another detail:

IF Kodi is open on my Mac, and I connect my external monitor - when I close the lid on the mac to let the monitor take over, Kodi remains the same size as the MBP 13" screen AND there are no menus?

Also, the mouse arrow sticks to the top of the monitor screen.

Cmd-F to window Kodi on the monitor causes the menus to return, but the mouse still sticks (I am not able to screen shoot it sticking to the top of the Kodi window)

Cmd-F again will resize Kodi to fullscreen on the monitor, but the mouse arrow still sticks to the top of the screen, making restart of Kodi the only option.

If I instead unplug the external monitor, still with Kodi open, the mouse is "freed" again and can move about on the 13" screen.

but if I then put Kodi into windowed mode, the MBP "remembers" the width of windowed Kodi from the external monitor?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 on external screen0