Newbie with some questions
Hi to everybody,
in the last weeks I read many topics in this forum and now I've the clear idea (more or less !!!); I'm going to buy a motherboard with N3700 mounted (the monnay difference with other Intel family CPU isn't relevant) with OPENLEC OS but I've some doubt :
1) may I plug a BT receiver and use it to connect phone or tablet to my HiFi system trought SPDIF ?
2) I want to buy a DVBSKY T9580; is KODi compatible with this DVB card ? If yes, is it possible to record the video (as PVR system) ?
3) If in the future I buy a 4K Tv's, may I upgrade the graphis card (with an PCe one) to use it (I read that internal Intel card support just the HDMI 1.4) ?
4) I wanto to buy also a Air mouse; is Kodi compatible with such hardware ?

Too many questions ? I hope no Angel

Thanks in advance to everybody want share their knowledge
Gianni
(2016-01-20, 09:55)gianni_1963 Wrote: Hi to everybody,
in the last weeks I read many topics in this forum and now I've the clear idea (more or less !!!); I'm going to buy a motherboard with N3700 mounted (the monnay difference with other Intel family CPU isn't relevant) with OPENLEC OS but I've some doubt :
1) may I plug a BT receiver and use it to connect phone or tablet to my HiFi system trought SPDIF ?
2) I want to buy a DVBSKY T9580; is KODi compatible with this DVB card ? If yes, is it possible to record the video (as PVR system) ?
3) If in the future I buy a 4K Tv's, may I upgrade the graphis card (with an PCe one) to use it (I read that internal Intel card support just the HDMI 1.4) ?
4) I wanto to buy also a Air mouse; is Kodi compatible with such hardware ?

Too many questions ? I hope no Angel

Thanks in advance to everybody want share their knowledge
Gianni

1 your question makes no sense.

2 kodi does not record live TV. You need a backend to do that. See PVR (wiki) . Compatibility will depend on the backend.

3. Whether you can add a video card later is dependent on your motherboard.

4. In general, yes. But choose a model and ask about that specific one. Also bear in mind that kodi is not designed with mouse control in mind.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-20, 11:41)nickr Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 09:55)gianni_1963 Wrote: 1) may I plug a BT receiver and use it to connect phone or tablet to my HiFi system trought SPDIF ?

1 your question makes no sense.

2 kodi does not record live TV. You need a backend to do that. See PVR (wiki) . Compatibility will depend on the backend.

3. Whether you can add a video card later is dependent on your motherboard.

4. In general, yes. But choose a model and ask about that specific one. Also bear in mind that kodi is not designed with mouse control in mind.

Dear Nickr,
first of all thanks a lot for your reply; refer to your first answer, maybe I didn't make the right question (in my poor english)Huh
what I would like to do is lissen music or other sound stored in my device (smartphone,tablet, etc.) with the BT tecnology; the HTPC will be connected trought the SPDIF to my HiFi system so if I'm able to connect the smartphone to the HTPC (with BT) should be fine to lissen the music, is not it ?
Also, is it possible to connect the drive combo drive (CD/DVD/BLU RAY) and lissen music or whatched movie with it ?
Thanks a lot in advance
Regards
Just to be 100% clear, BT = Bluetooth?

Kodi does support Bluetooth, although playing music to it that way is not something I've personally ever tried.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
You can use wi-fi to have your HTPC scrap music from your smart phone/tablet etc.
@DarrenHill : apologies me; yes BT means Bluetooth. I'll tried when I'll be ready, otherwise I'll buy a BT receiver with audio output to connect the HiFi.
@cd022: if it works trough WiFi will be really helpful. I'll see if I can

Regarding combo drive, I suppose it woks properly, is not it ?

Thanks again
Gianni
One word, Chromecast Audio. Streaming music from your smartphone to your HiFi via wireless, with a normal 3.5 mm heaphone jack to connect to the hifi. That will solve it for you. As far as a bd drive is concerned, yes it will work.
...now is more clear; Cromecast audio is intresting. I'll check in my country how much it cost.
Hi again,
I just received the motherboard and I'm going to install it in my new case (CoolerMaster 130); could you please help me a bit for choose the right OS to install on it ? I'm a bit confusing if I have to install a Openlec with kodi inside, or there is a KODi version that is as an OS.
I also read that Braswell family is not fully supported from Openlec, so ther's a special relase compatibile with this family.
Thank for your support
Regards
Gianni
Kodi is not an operating system.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-26, 21:04)gianni_1963 Wrote: Hi again,
I just received the motherboard and I'm going to install it in my new case (CoolerMaster 130); could you please help me a bit for choose the right OS to install on it ? I'm a bit confusing if I have to install a Openlec with kodi inside, or there is a KODi version that is as an OS.
I also read that Braswell family is not fully supported from Openlec, so ther's a special relase compatibile with this family.
Thank for your support
Regards
Gianni

Openelec is a Linux distribution that is based around Kodi, but to be clear Openelec is the operating system and Kodi is an application running on the operating system. You could also use Windows, Debian, Ubuntu, etc, or one of the other Kodi based Linux distributions. If you are not experienced with Linux I would either install Windows or Openelec. I would give Openelec a try first to see if it runs on your system, here is an install guide: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Installation. Openelec has their own forums too, I would try there if you have questions as you are more likely to get the support you need.
(2016-01-26, 21:04)gianni_1963 Wrote: Hi again,
Thank for your support
Regards
Gianni

As far as i know, OpenElec added Braswell support in version 6.0, 5.0 would not work on something like the N3700, it would fail to install with an error. The current version of OE is 6.0 , so you should be ok.
(2016-01-26, 23:31)Soulbind Wrote: As far as i know, OpenElec added Braswell support in version 6.0, 5.0 would not work on something like the N3700, it would fail to install with an error. The current version of OE is 6.0 , so you should be ok.

pretty sure Braswell boxes need to use one of fritsch's 6.0 EGL builds (6.0.95 - 6.0.98)
(2016-01-27, 00:37)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 23:31)Soulbind Wrote: As far as i know, OpenElec added Braswell support in version 6.0, 5.0 would not work on something like the N3700, it would fail to install with an error. The current version of OE is 6.0 , so you should be ok.

pretty sure Braswell boxes need to use one of fritsch's 6.0 EGL builds (6.0.95 - 6.0.98)

Crap, you're right. My bad, official OE 6.0 lacks HVEC decoding, and banding issues Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie with some questions0