Solved Channel Logos, hit or miss
I don't often ask for help, but this has got me stumped. I followed the Wiki and named my channel logos the same as (what I think are) the channel names. Out of 39 channels, only five logos are displayed.

The wiki says the following:
Quote:For the logos to match with the respective channels they need to have the exact same name (eg. My Channel.png) or the exact same id of the parameter iUniqueId stored on the tv database TVxx.db (eg. 1558003334.png)

I find 4-digit numbers under iUniqueId, like "1072", so I tried them, but nothing changed. Does that really work? Has anyone used iUniqueId numbers for logo names?

My logs are here: http:// http://xbmclogs.com/pjgp309ug . The relevant part starts at line 870 or so.

The really strange thing is that I made a copy of one logo and named it "WYIN-D1", and another "WYIN-D3", matching the channel names. Only "WYIN-D3" displays the logo. Hit or miss, I don't get it! I appreciate any advice.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
I just want to know if anyone has had any success using the iUniqueId numbers for logo names. I've tried this on three installations and couldn't get any of them to work. Knowing myself like I do, it's entirely possible that I'm overlooking something obvious.
Well in the source code of kodi it does look (as an alternative to the channel name) at the channel uniqueId to match the logos but unfortunately there is no way to grab those values without looking at the database itself. I don't know how you are getting the uniqueID values but you are probably confusing it with some other id since the last time I looked they are pretty big (eg. 1558003334.png).
Not sure if kodi allows you to set manually the logos in the channel options but that is probably a good way to go. If it doesn't work and if you are not able to match the logos by the channel name (and want to use the uniqueID) you need to open the TVxx.db file (userdata/database) with something like sqlitebrowser (http://sqlitebrowser.org/) to find the uniqueid's of your channels. Then name them [uniqueID].png for example
Thanks. I used Sqliteman, and it definitely shows 4-digit numbers, so I'll try your suggestion.
I have no idea how the id is generated internally it might depend on the pvr addon?
Definitely works for me if the logos in the folder (set as the logo folder) has the logos in the format 144354975.png, 151300404.png, etc. See example below after placing an icon in the folder and executing "Search missing icons":

I checked the database on two machines and it definitely holds 4-digit numbers. I appreciate the help, at least it points me in a direction.

Tobor
Replying to my own post, for the benefit of others.

The Channel Manager was the answer. All the wiki says about the Channel manager is:

"Opens the channel manager, which allows modifying the channel order, channel name, icon, etc. "

I gave up the idea of renaming my logos to match the channel name and manually added the logos to each channel entry, and my problem was solved. I tried leaving the logos on the NAS so all of my Kodi installations can share one set of icons, but that led to some weird NAS disconnection problems that required me to reboot each machine running Kodi whenever they were resumed from standby.

Now enjoying Live TV Nirvana.

Tobor

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel Logos, hit or miss0