• 4(current)
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
(2016-02-12, 13:30)buges Wrote: My request

Option to put "singles" artists in folders, at the moment the db just lists all singles, But i think for people who have a lot of singles & not that bothered about albums it would nice to have the option of
singles -> some artist -> tracks.

You could just Tag all those singles with the Album string "Various Singles" and they should show up fine in the library all under a separate album.
That would work as a user work around @zag, but I think that the request for singles > artist > songs is a reasonable one. Not hard either Smile
@zag that's how i used to do it years ago before singles were supported in the db, But when you've got a lot of singles it can be a big list to populate especially on lower end system like a pi.

@Dave if you could look into it at some point when you have time it would be very much appreciated.
(2016-02-12, 14:36)DaveBlake Wrote: That would work as a user work around @zag, but I think that the request for singles > artist > songs is a reasonable one. Not hard either Smile

That would be a very nice way to do it.
On playing music on my receiver throught DLNA Kodi doesn't send an OnPlaybackStarted event when playback starts from DLNA. So playlists with "played in the latest x days" as example are useless when playing tracks over DLNA. Could this be added when playing music over DLNA?
I'd like the option for half star ratings (for instance, 4.5 out of 5). I tend to use my ratings to determine what to play and currently I can't filter as fine as I'd like to.
(2016-02-14, 17:53)bokkiej Wrote: I'd like the option for half star ratings (for instance, 4.5 out of 5). I tend to use my ratings to determine what to play and currently I can't filter as fine as I'd like to.

The ratings are now out of 10 in the latest master. This should give enough control.

A skin could potentially show this as a 0-5 system with 0.5 steps.
Can we please get a simple way to add a newly added song to a playlist.
How about a right click in the "Recently Added Albums" area for a "Add to Playlist".
A simple playlist back up would be nice also.
I have lost several of my music playlists which are quite large and take hours to recreate.
I LOVE KODI and do not want to leave the unified application to listen to my music.
PLEASE ADD THESE FEATURES. Big Grin
That is possible with this addon:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257334

You can add songs to a playlist from anywhere you want within kodi.
(2016-02-14, 19:54)mgee16 Wrote: A simple playlist back up would be nice also.

How about backing up your complete installation or your userdata folder?

http://www.nextstepaudioenhancement.com/...t-folders/
could you give us an option to make changes to our music tracks like artwork downloader for music such as liner notes cdart ect that would be great artist info thanks
What about add: "Remove Album from library" in context menu?
It's something i really miss in kodi for music section.

Thanx
One of the main issues I currently have with my setup at home is the issue with locking of sources and the music database. See http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/15506

I really hope this could be included in more improvements.
I have a request to add additional data field support to Smart PlayLists:

Currently these three are not available for songs or albums:
Song: No. Of Channels
Song: Sample Rate
Song: Bit Rate

I'd like to use that info to help filter in/out songs/albums.

I have a large collection of multichannel music - stereo, 4.0 (quad), 5.0, 5.1, 7.1 with sample rates varying from 44.1kHz (CD), 48 (DVD, BDA), 88.2 and 96 (SACD, DVDA, BDA) to 176.4/192kHz.

Thanks.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=253214

- Ability to view Kodi music library UPnP share by folders and folder hierarchies, like in Plex. But unlike in Plex, still be able to see and play separate tracks if the album folder contains only a single lossless cd-ripped audio file and a cue sheet (Kodi does the latter already, but doesn't have an option to view the UPnP share by folders).
- Server-side, on-the-fly transcoding and the ability to set transcoder options like in Madsonic.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7