Req Prevent people installing unwanted addons
Hi,

I'm hoping to establish if there exists a method to prevent other users of my Kodi from installing new addons (e.g. prevent kids from installing adult addons)?

If not, I'd be keen to have such functionality - perhaps a method to determine which users can install new addons (i.e. an admin account), and which who can't? Alternatively, perhaps some form of password protection for installing addons could be implemented?

Thanks in advance for any help!
I don't believe there are adult plugins in the official repository. You can always uninstall third-party repositories.

Have you tried the built in http://kodi.wiki/view/Profiles Kodi features?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Hi @Lunatixz,

Thanks for your response - I've had a play with using alternative profiles, but I still cannot find a method to disabling the ability of installing new addons from a particular profile.

Do you know if there is a method to prevent particular users/profiles installing new addons/third-party repositories?

Thanks
(2016-01-21, 12:25)RH15 Wrote: Hi @Lunatixz,

Thanks for your response - I've had a play with using alternative profiles, but I still cannot find a method to disabling the ability of installing new addons from a particular profile.

Do you know if there is a method to prevent particular users/profiles installing new addons/third-party repositories?

Thanks

You could take a look at PinSentry:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228451

It will prompt for a pin if going into certain areas - it does not currently restrict the System area - but I might be able to add it as an option if you were interested.

Rob
Hi @robwebset

PinSentry is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.

If you could add a restriction to installing addons from repositories/zips, that would be great - I know a little bit of programming and am interested in developing addons for Kodi, so would be happy to help. I see your source code at GitHub but am not sure where I would add this feature?

Thanks
Hi RH15,

A version of PinSentry just for you Big Grin

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1v3j95...sp=sharing

For the system settings to request a pin you will need to enable it in settings (Under the "Activity" menu in the Addon Settings)

You may need to restart kodi after installing the update.

Please let me know how you get on

Thanks

Rob
Wink 
Thanks sooooooo much @robwebset!!! That's exactly what I needed! Big Grin

Just wondering if you plan to add this to the main addon (within the Kodi repository)? Or should I continue to use the version you sent me (if needed in the future)?

Massive thanks again for all your help!
(2016-01-27, 16:22)RH15 Wrote: Thanks sooooooo much @robwebset!!! That's exactly what I needed! Big Grin

Just wondering if you plan to add this to the main addon (within the Kodi repository)? Or should I continue to use the version you sent me (if needed in the future)?

Massive thanks again for all your help!

I have just put a request in to get this version published, normally takes a few days to work it's way through the system.

It is safe for you to continue using the version from the zip - when the version I just published gets done it will auto-update the version you are using

Thanks

Rob

BTW: I'm not watching this thread - so please post any bugs to the PinSentry thread - Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Prevent people installing unwanted addons1