EDL customization help.
I am trying to integrate/customize myth TV PVR frontend addon to my new Kodi/Openelec. This is my first experience with Kodi, although I have been with mythbuntu for about 5 years now. I am trying to get EDL skipping to my liking. I want first and last 10sec of the of commercial to play at each cut-point. I followed the instructions on kodi twiki and created an advancesettings.xml. However, it does not seem to have any effect. I must be doing something wrong and I do not know what it is. My advance setting file is below

<advancedsettings>
<edl>
<!-- if true, commercial breaks will be merged according to the remaining options. -->
<mergeshortcommbreaks>true</mergeshortcommbreaks>
<!-- Commercial breaks won't be merged if the total length of the commercial break would be greater than this (seconds) -->
<maxcommbreaklength>250</maxcommbreaklength>
<!-- After merging, commercial breaks shorter than this will be removed (seconds) -->
<mincommbreaklength>90</mincommbreaklength>
<!-- Commercial breaks that are further apart than this won't be merged (seconds) -->
<maxcommbreakgap>120</maxcommbreakgap>
<!-- How long to wait before automatically skipping when the start of a commercial break reached (seconds) -->
<commbreakautowait>20</commbreakautowait>
<!-- How long to rewind after automatically skipping to the end of the commercial break (seconds) -->
<commbreakautowind>20</commbreakautowind>
</edl>
</advancedsettings>

I have the latest version downloaded from openelec (I believe v6.0) a month or so ago. I have NUC5PPYH and running openelec off a USB stick.

I also have one other issue. TV menu does not initialize even when my backend is on. I have to disable and enable PVR addon and everything comes back alive. This is less of a problem as I can do this once a day and it will be fine.

Ramesh
No idea on the first issue. On second issue, are you using 'wait for network before starting kodi' option in openelec settings?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I didn t know about these advanced settings. In the past if remarked many video settings wasn t applicable to pvr recordings. I don t know the reason and you should report ths issue to the right thread.
(2016-01-22, 11:36)janbar Wrote: I didn t know about these advanced settings. In the past if remarked many video settings wasn t applicable to pvr recordings. I don t know the reason and you should report ths issue to the right thread.

I thought this is the correct thread as this is about watching TV recording using MythTV addon. If this is not the correct thread, can you please let me know the correct one and I will post it there.

Ramesh
After about two weeks and posting on multiple threads, I got no answer. Since usage is a lot more important than nice looks, I am givin up on openelec/Kodi and switching to debian/mythtv. If any one solves this, please do respond and I will check every now and then

Ramesh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EDL customization help.0