Can't erase or write files from my external HDD
Hi!
I broke my external case for my hard drive so I purchased a new one. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Icy-Box-IB-273St...B006H2R314 this one
However it's not working well. I can see my files on my rpi2, playback is fine but when I want to erase a file from my HDD or add a new file it doesn't work. No error messages. It just don't work. Even from windows over the network I can't erase my file. I press del button, it asks me for confirmation I say yes & nothing happens.
I also tried latest millhouse OE build I still have the same problem.
also my hdd is formated in ext4 & was running great before
I don't know how to solve it. any ideas?
In principle, there should be no change to behaviour when you change the case, even tho' you've also changed the controlling electronics - I've done it several times with no troubel ensuing.
I can only infer that there must be some difference which shows under these circumstances.
Have you tried connecting to an alternative (your Windows PC), to see if the behaviour is replicated (I know this will be a problem, unless youve installed support for ext4)?
Using it over the network doesn't tell you anything over and above using it locally (except things like PC permissions and transfer rates).
For myself, I'd try another drive in the box, and format it in the box, to see what you get.
Derek
I formated my drive.
But now Kodi only mounts it as read only filesystem. Can't write anything on it... can you help pls?
Using OE I don't know what to suggest.
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't erase or write files from my external HDD0