Anyone tried the ECS Liva X2?

Been reading on the braswell box's here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=229096
and currently at $149.99 USD (newegg.com) http://goo.gl/Gmonta
this N3050 dual-core fanless box seems quite good to use as a standalone OpenELEC setup!
Nice to see it already comes with 2GB's of Ram, 32GB's of eMMC Storage, dual-band 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0...

Anyone here tried it yet??
Or any thoughts compared to the famous Asus Chromebox??

thx
Very interesting. Don't care for the design, but performance is what matters.

Here's AnandTech's review of it as a HTPC. They say " HD audio bitstreaming (Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA) capability is not present", but I assume under Windows as they didn't test w/OpenELEC.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
correct, interesting box it is Tongue

for an OpenELEC install,
and as a fanless braswell alternative to the fan cooled broadwell asus chromebox,
it looks like a winner!!!
If it was the same price in the UK I'd buy one
Must resist shiny gadgets Big Grin ... where's wrxtasy to make fun of me?! Wink
My Family Room Theater
We need something like this that support 3D MVC MKV and ISO out of the box with OpenElec, No bullshit Chinese manufactures and NO GPL,everything done through Kodi..

I guess i can keep on dreamingBlush
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-01-21, 21:37)movie78 Wrote: We need something like this that support 3D MVC MKV and ISO out of the box with OpenElec, No bullshit Chinese manufactures and NO GPL,everything done through Kodi..
= Raspberry Pi2 Smile. Wish there was a more powerful Pi2-like box that did HD audio bitstreaming & 4K@60. I'd be willing to pay $200 (heck, make that $300) for it, considering all the money and time I've wasted on cheap boxes that didn't deliver.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-21, 22:03)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 21:37)movie78 Wrote: We need something like this that support 3D MVC MKV and ISO out of the box with OpenElec, No bullshit Chinese manufactures and NO GPL,everything done through Kodi..
= Raspberry Pi2 Smile. Wish there was a more powerful Pi2-like box that did HD audio bitstreaming & 4K@60. I'd be willing to pay $200 (heck, make that $300) for it, considering all the money and time I've wasted on cheap boxes that didn't deliver.Laugh

One day Blush
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
= Raspberry Pi2 Smile. Wish there was a more powerful Pi2-like box that did HD audio bitstreaming & 4K@60. I'd be willing to pay $200 (heck, make that $300) for it, considering all the money and time I've wasted on cheap boxes that didn't deliver.

Is somebody makes and Open Source MVC decoder for Android , the Shield would be that exact box in the 200$ price-range Smile .
Or, if nVidia would open up access to Shield's decoder, which I'd think already supports MVC or could.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-21, 22:20)Soulbind Wrote:

Is somebody makes and Open Source MVC decoder for Android , the Shield would be that exact box in the 200$ price-range Smile .

Can you enable Frame Packed 24p output on the Shield then? MVC decode is only half the story. You also need 24p Frame Packed output (i.e. 1920x2205) to get Full HD 3D on a display.
True, nVidia may be a long shot as they've said previously they had no plans to support 3D. But, that was before they started a wishlist thread on their forum and got dozens of requests for 3D.
My Family Room Theater
3D is a dying format....
:/
(2016-01-21, 22:41)noggin Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 22:20)Soulbind Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 22:03)hdmkv Wrote: = Raspberry Pi2 Smile. Wish there was a more powerful Pi2-like box that did HD audio bitstreaming & 4K@60. I'd be willing to pay $200 (heck, make that $300) for it, considering all the money and time I've wasted on cheap boxes that didn't deliver.

Can you enable Frame Packed 24p output on the Shield then? MVC decode is only half the story. You also need 24p Frame Packed output (i.e. 1920x2205) to get Full HD 3D on a display.

Have no clue to be honest ( never got into 3D since 15 minutes after watching a movie in 3D i get nausea , headaches etc. from the glasses, need to take them off every 15-30 minutes , so lost interest in 3D years ago) , but as far as i can remember, the (previous Nvidia chip) K1 Jetson board had both MVC hardware decoding capabilities in the VPU and frame-packing output for FHD 3D, so i assume the X1 also has it unless Nv dropped support for it.
(2016-01-22, 00:06)eskro Wrote: 3D is a dying format....
:/
Maybe. Thing is 3D movies continue to be released theatrically, and on Blu-ray. But, what's concerning is lack of 4K 3D spec for 4K Blu-rays, but latter will probably be a niche format anyway. Will keep buying 3D Blu-rays as long as they're available, and enjoy my 229 3D titles (by current count Wink) if 3D dies tomorrow Smile.
My Family Room Theater

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone tried the ECS Liva X2?0