How to prevent Kodi Jarvis from stopping media when I switch between different app?
Kodi Isengard would pause playback if I needed to go to the FireTV settings menu to connect my Bluetooth headphones. Now on Jarvis, it automatically stops whatever is playing instead of pausing it. It is rather annoying anytime I switch apps that it stops playing.

Does anyone know what file I can edit to revert this so playback is paused instead of playback stopping it when changing between different android apps?
By design (technical limitation) . No workarounds.
When I'm on LiveTV, go back to the home screen of my Shield, go back to KODI, KODI has paused Live-TV and I can resume at that point. (Timeshifting)
Never tried this for other media playback.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
(2016-01-22, 09:10)Koying Wrote: By design (technical limitation) . No workarounds.

Is there any chance that it can be an option in future versions? Or should I just revert to Isengard? Or if I were to learn how to compile Kodi, would I be able to edit the code somewhat easily to change just that part of it and then compile it for myself?
Hard to make it an option.

Mediacodec(Surface) MUST be stopped when Kodi is put in background (the rendering surface is destroyed), while Mediacodec (w/o surface) and software decoding would be fine.
But the "upper layers" of kodi don't know which codec is used, so the safest route is taken.

Possible, though, but low prio.
(2016-01-23, 10:37)Koying Wrote: Hard to make it an option.

Mediacodec(Surface) MUST be stopped when Kodi is put in background (the rendering surface is destroyed), while Mediacodec (w/o surface) and software decoding would be fine.
But the "upper layers" of kodi don't know which codec is used, so the safest route is taken.

Possible, though, but low prio.
OK, Thank you for the explanation. I will have to learn to live with it, because I really like the ability to use long press mod keymaps on Jarvis.
Must the rendering surface be destroyed when the app is backgrounded but still on screen? I ask because pressing the Action Menu on the Sony (Android TV) remote brings up an OSD overlay menu (with KODI still visible below) to edit the TV's Picture and 3D settings, but doing that without the video remaining visible beneath is annoying (and in the case of activating 3D impossible). Isengard 15.2 just paused the video, which was definitely preferable
Hmm... i've understand that there are not workaround.

I have a sony bravia android w80 series, model exactly 43w808c /identical to 805 or 807.

Maybe now there's a way to put the player in autopause or at least to remember to resume from the last crash (resume not working ofc) or i dont know, to force the player to render without the crash but only with a check mark on this option in "special menu", i mean only for limited users that use sony bravia.

Sony designed the meny for picture settings with the ass and im sure they will pass this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to prevent Kodi Jarvis from stopping media when I switch between different app?0