New videos not showing in the library
Hello all,
I have used xbmc/kodi for a very long time. I recently upgraded my pc to win10 and Kodi to 15.2, and have a problem.Before the upgrade everything was working perfectly.
All my media is in an unraid box.
TVSeries/Chicago Med/Season 01/Chicago Med - S01E04 - Mistaken
I added my TV Shows, as usual.
Files>Add videos>Browse>smb://tower/TVSeries>OK
This directory contains.....TV Shows
OK
Everything scanned beautifully. The problem is that when new episodes are added to their folders, they wont show up in the library at all. They show in file view though(Videos>Files>TVSeries>Chicago Med.
I notice that in Videos>FILES>TVSeries>Chicago Med>Season 01
Chicago Med - S01E04 - Mistaken
But in TV SHows>Chicago Med
1x04. Mistaken

Where is the mistake? And the same happens with the movie library.
Help please Huh
Nobody?
Gather, upload and post the link to a debug log (wiki) of a scanning attempt on one of the problem folders.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Try losing the superfluous season folder as file name contains already: S01
Therefore;

TVSeries>Chicago Med>Chicago Med - S01E04 - Mistaken

The naming conventions visible for: Chicago Med - S01E04 - Mistaken vs. Chicago Med 1x04. Mistaken in the different KODI file and TV views are just a quirk in the way in which KODI was coded to recognize regex's.

See here for Naming conventions, you can see the expressions were setup to be able to suit different preferences, possibly one view was coded to look like (1x04) and the other like (S01E04), its also skin dependent for the TV view with options to change sort order, episode/season number (un)-displayed, episode name/s, etc, etc

Other than that do as per ''DarrenHill's" post and link a debug log.
Have you set library to update on startup?
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New videos not showing in the library0