Cant find ~/.kodi/userdata/
Hi everybody,

I am a noob to Linux and the RPi. I am using a Model B RPi with the latest version of Raspian as well as OpenElec (Version 5.0.8 kernel: Linux 3.17.8).

About a year ago I did manage to change some keyboard settings under Raspbmc and I would like to do the same under OpenElec. Actually, I would like to add a function (EjectTray()) to a specific key so that the CD/DVD gets ejected using only my keyboard.

Problem is, I can't find the ~/.kodi/userdata/ as described. There simply is no such directory. I log into the RPi using ssh from my iMac. And then I am not sure that it works the way I want it to...[/size]

Please advise!

Thank you
Should be in /storage/.kodi/userdata/
Which is the same as ~/.kodi/userdata...

Code:
ls -la ~/.kodi/userdata

If the above doesn't work then it would be best for the OP to submit a screenshot of their console and the commands they are typing, as they're almost certainly typing something wrong.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
The folder is hidden, you should check "show hidden files" in your SSH client.
"Show hidden files" is normally for GUI file managers rather than SSH.

The -a option part of "ls -la" is a flag to show all (ie including hidden) files and folders.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Filezilla and WinSCP are examples of sftp (ssh) clients that @BadWampa is referring to.
You mentioned you have a Mac. Use cyberduck which is freeware and works great.
(2016-01-22, 15:20)DarrenHill Wrote: "Show hidden files" is normally for GUI file managers rather than SSH.

The -a option part of "ls -la" is a flag to show all (ie including hidden) files and folders.
Since he said he is a noob I assumed he was using a client. Smile
Fair point - my assumption was he'd be using the built-in terminal, and looking for a "show hidden files" setting there would be an interesting challenge Wink

But now both options are covered...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-22, 17:47)BadWampa Wrote: Since he said he is a noob I assumed he was using a client. Smile

Might be his best bet Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant find ~/.kodi/userdata/0