Android 16 RC1 - PVR timer settings displays "Repeating (guide-based)" twice
Bug 
Just as the title states. Using RC1 on Amazon fire TV v1, NextPVR backend. Both "types" provide something slightly different, so I assume this is a naming issue. I really hope the naming conventions are messed up as I was expecting a "Season- New only" or something similar like that. See photo...

Mods, can you please move this thread to the PVR section of the forums. I may have reported this in the wrong subforum
Thread moved as requested.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I've seen this throughout the Beta series and keep forgetting to ask/report the same question...

@sub are you able to shine any light on the above ?
I'm not sure quite why Kodi is showing it this way, but you'll see both of those 'Repeating (Guide Based)' options will give you a different set of parameters. The first one is a season recurring recording. The second one is a keyword recurring recording.
@sub3 I'm seeing in the code that MSG_REPEATING_GUIDE is used twice in your timer type definition in GetTimerTypes().
I'm seeing this as well and though it's reported that the first option is season based after I setup the record I switched over to NextPVR and it showed it would record all episodes, not just the new ones. I tried to edit the recording in NextPVR but ended up having to create it as new only recording in NextPVR which then shows up in Kodi as Repeating Guide based. I'd like it to have the same functionality as before without having to add the recordings on my backend.
(2016-01-25, 08:30)ksooo Wrote: @sub3 I'm seeing in the code that MSG_REPEATING_GUIDE is used twice in your timer type definition in GetTimerTypes().
Thanks - Yeah, I spotted that yesterday soon after I posted.
You're welcome. :-)
So is this "fix" coming in the form of a NextPVR update, Kodi update, or both Smile. I appreciate everyone looking into the situation!
Add-on update.
(2016-01-26, 19:10)mrdally204 Wrote: So is this "fix" coming in the form of a NextPVR update, Kodi update, or both Smile. I appreciate everyone looking into the situation!
I'm going to try to get the change submitted today. It's only a minor cosmetic change though. That second "Repeating (guide-based)" will change to "Repeating (keyword)".
Is there a reason why the naming convention is "repeating" as opposed to something more obvious like season recording (at least to this USA user). Repeating to me does not mean "New only" unless it is implied by both of those options. 99% of the time when I'm scheduling a repeating recording it is to record a season or new episodes of a given show. Repeats are yuck Wink
(2016-01-26, 21:15)mrdally204 Wrote: Is there a reason why the naming convention is "repeating" as opposed to something more obvious like season recording (at least to this USA user).
Personally I would have preferred words like 'season recording' etc, like I use in NextPVR, but I thought it best to use the same terminology used in the other Kodi PVR addons.
I appreciate the response. Is there a post or wiki entry that explains the difference between the 2 options and what gets set within NextPVR for each? I'd love to get a better understanding of the new wording.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
16 RC1 - PVR timer settings displays "Repeating (guide-based)" twice0