v16 16 RC1 regression - slow scrolling lists
I mean Kodi works well on Intel ... all videos, audios etc ... no problem.
It's just that when scrolling in rep with thousands of files, it starts fast and then slows down terribly, stuttering like hell.

All other functions are 100% ok.
I cannot reproduce on all my Intel HW. I have a HSW and IVB here ... so without a proper bisect on your side ... no chance that can be solved.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I made a video: http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/samples/menufps.m4v <- perhaps you can help me to see your issue. As the debug screen is only a rough measurement a 10% slow down is fully okay. For this test I disabled DirtyRegions (cause with it enabled) it will only repaint if something is dirty to save power ... so if you check slowdowns always check them with DirtyRegions disabled, cause with it enabled all the FPS you might see has nothing to do with a slowdown, but with Dirty Regions (see wiki what this is).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
what I tell ... look at this ...

kodi beta 4 .. same directory, scrolling through files :
https://mega.nz/#!F84iVDbD!I6pBnd-Dwqu1n...D4Y9zaYy80

kodi latest build, same dir ...
https://mega.nz/#!d5h20Y6D!xLXr3H8cruuTZ...i91n41eGJk

beta 4 scrolls lightening fast ... latest build is like a old drunk man ...
I need the Debug Log cause - as you see above in my video - I cannot reproduce ... and also post your config.log please and reproduce with a fresh kodi profile. E.g. remove it completely, re add this folder, let the texturepacker run again, then post a the Debug Log
Also I don't see in your log that you are running v17 version. Your issue only happens with music files?

Please try with v17 and post me the Debug Log
here is my log ... in Kodi 16.1 RC2 (it does the same in any version from 16.0 beta5 to 16.1 RC2 ...) :

http://pastebin.com/ZX3vLQQ3
There is nothing your log :-(

Please reproduce with version 17 ... Make sure that you turn on debugging logging prior browsing that folder.
Do you mean you see nothing wrong in the log or nothing was logged at all (as logging was turned on there) ?

I tried to install v17 but it won't start as there is python27.dll missing .. tried to manually add it to the kodi rep but still won't open (application error 0x000007b) ... Sad (win10 system)
Nothing in the log that would show an issue. Retry with next nightly then, please.
so I installed V17 nightly build of 1st of April. Tested with Estuary and Confluence skin, all was fine.
In 17.0 i can browse directories with thousands of files like a breeze !
Yeah - that's what I expected ... fine, so at least master is fixed correctly.
So it's just a matter of time for this to be also fixed in 16.1 ? Or do we have to wait for 17 ?
Most likely it will never be fixed in v16 - as we don't know what was causing it, sorry. v17 betas will start soon -> good time to switch. No need to wait, you can use v17 today.
ok that's perfect ! thanks a lot for your time and great support !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
16 RC1 regression - slow scrolling lists1