Solved iPad install help
Hi I am having problems installing koi onto a friends iPad and am looking for some help please?

I am getting an error message saying "app installation failed, A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found." but i have followed all the steps and tried it several times but just can't seem to find what might be causing it. The iPad is running on iOS 9.2.1 and i am using my apple ID on Xcode as this worked ok when i done another friends iPhone but wondering if either of these things could be causing the problem? Or is there another .DEB file you use for installing onto an iPad?

Thanks

Dicko
Try using a different Apple ID. I have had the same issue I believe with an Apple TV 4 and using a different ID helped.
Using their Apple ID hasn't worked either!
HOW-TO:Install Kodi for iOS (wiki) may help?

Are you sure you have the right install file, as .deb is normally a Debian Linux package isn't it?

Is the iPad jailbroken?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Jailbroken iOS devices use the debian packaging system, but it sounds like OP might be trying to use the non-jailbroken instructions that take the deb file and signs it via xcode.
Should have said in my original post, I am installing onto an unjailbroken device guys.
Ive got a feeling its something to do with the provisioning profiles on app signer cause the new application id always seems to populate my own build from my original build on my own phone!
Anyone any luck with this?
After examining your signed ipa file, the provisioning profile and signing certificate did not match

They were for two completely separate accounts (and people for that matter)

The signing certificate has to be from the same account that the provisioning profile is
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-01-23, 22:12)DanTheMan827 Wrote: After examining your signed ipa file, the provisioning profile and signing certificate did not match

The signing certificate has to be from the same account that the provisioning profile is

I thought that mate when I was looking at it, one of them is me and the other is my friend who I'm trying to sort it for.

Where can I change the new application ID to match the provisioning profile?
(2016-01-23, 22:54)dicko Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 22:12)DanTheMan827 Wrote: After examining your signed ipa file, the provisioning profile and signing certificate did not match

I thought that mate when I was looking at it, one of them is me and the other is my friend who I'm trying to sort it for.

You can either follow the entire guide again or on step 3 you can select a different development team

You probably won't be able to use the same identifier though, you can change that on the same page (Bundle Identifier)
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-01-22, 23:53)DarrenHill Wrote: HOW-TO:Install Kodi for iOS (wiki) may help?

Are you sure you have the right install file, as .deb is normally a Debian Linux package isn't it?

Is the iPad jailbroken?

(2016-01-23, 00:55)Ned Scott Wrote: Jailbroken iOS devices use the debian packaging system, but it sounds like OP might be trying to use the non-jailbroken instructions that take the deb file and signs it via xcode.

(2016-01-23, 23:00)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 22:54)dicko Wrote:

You can either follow the entire guide again or on step 3 you can select a different development team

You probably won't be able to use the same identifier though, you can change that on the same page (Bundle Identifier)

I have followed it to a T but it still comes up with the 2 different ID's!

How do you delete the existing provisioning profiles, maybe if i delete them it might help?
ITS SORTED!!!!!!LaughLaughLaugh
Glad I could help
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad install help0