v16 Add-on update changelog (AddonBrowser - AddonInformation)
Currently, on my system I have add-on updates set to "notification". When updates are available, the addonbrowser sets a list control for "available updates" when selected, this shows a list with each add-on having an available update. Clicking on an add-on in this list brings up the addoninformation dialog for the add-on. What it shows is the currently installed version of the add-on, and if I select "Changelog" here, it shows the changelog for the currently installed version. I can select "update" and I get a selectdialog list with the current version and the update, but no context menu or other means to see the changelog for the updates.

But if instead I navigate to "install from repository" and then go the add-on that has an update, the repo shows the current newest update version of the add-on, and again if I open the addoninformation dialog from here, and select "Changelog" Kodi will download the changelog for the newest version and display it.

So what I propose is that either change the function of the "Changelog" control button 10 when addoninformation is called from "available updates" to download the latest changelog from the repo, or add a context menu to the "update" button-launched selectdialog options to download the version-linked changelog.

Or I guess a third option would be to open a selectdialog from the "Changelog" button and show the available changelogs, then download the selected one.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
iirc this is fixed in v17 and as it's not critical won't be fixed in v16
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on update changelog (AddonBrowser - AddonInformation)0