New Jarvis PVR Options
Can anyone explain the new options for PVR recording in Jarvis, particularly the Folder option? I assume this is where you put the folder name of the series you will record. Do you put the whole path name or just the name of the folder and Kodi looks for the folder in your recording folder? If the folder is not there, does Kodi create it? If you leave this blank, where does the recording go? I use media portal and on the tv client I already specify a folder for each recording. Should I remove this and name the folder with the Kodi option, or leave it alone and leave the folder entry blank on the recording. I am having a terrible time with the Media Portal pvr addon, but maybe it's because I don't understand the process.
For MediaPortal, ignore the folder option for Timers. It is not implemented at the PVR addon side.
Upto Kodi Isengard, I could hide this field from the addon side but for some reason, the PVR devs removed this setting.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks. I am having some trouble with the new release. I have a thread started in the media portal sub forum.
(2016-01-23, 17:22)margro Wrote: For MediaPortal, ignore the folder option for Timers. It is not implemented at the PVR addon side.
Upto Kodi Isengard, I could hide this field from the addon side but for some reason, the PVR devs removed this setting.

Not quite correct. You can hide this field also in Jarvis, even separately for every timer type.
PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_RECORDING_FOLDERS is your friend.

And in case something is unclear/missing/buggy with the new api and implementation don't hesitate to tell/ask me about it.
@margro: https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.mediapor...mers.h#L99 ff. I see PVR_TIMER_TYPE_SUPPORTS_RECORDING_FOLDERS "everywhere". Remove this and the fields are gone. ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Jarvis PVR Options0