Can't pause/rewind LiveTV...?
Hello all,

I have a HDHomrun Prime, a Windows 8.1 Machine running WMC with ServerWMC, and Kodi running on Win8.1 machines for the clients...my question is...what needs to be done to be able to pause/rewind live TV? For whatever reason, I can't seem to figure it out. There's also an issue where if I go to the "Tuners" tab, it says "unknown" for the channel, while I'm watching, I don't know if that has something to do with it?

Thanks in advance.
Hard to tell... Please restart and then try to pause or rewind and then tune to the unknown channel. Grab the debug log and post it to pastebin and put the link here. That will help us be able to figure it out.

Thanks
If you are using dlna mode with kodi it will cause this problem. If that's the case we can't do anything about it, its a kodi limitation. I would just suggest turning of dlna for kodi clients instead.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2016-01-24, 05:03)krustyreturns Wrote: If you are using dlna mode with kodi it will cause this problem. If that's the case we can't do anything about it, its a kodi limitation. I would just suggest turning of dlna for kodi clients instead.

Are you talking about under Settings > Services > UPnP/DLNA?

If so, everything is unchecked.
No I am talking about a serverwmc setting. Instead just post your serverwmc log, like sbthomas said. In serverwmc you find it in the debug tab. Post the log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here.
That did it. It was checked for Kodi/Plex...thanks Krusty!

Does this mean that there is more of a load on the server now? Like decoding/etc? or is it just network related?

Man, I can't thank you enough. It's been bothering me for SO long...I even tried to switch to mythtv which was a nightmare. Thanks again.
Great, glad you got it. There is more of a load in this mode, but no decoding or transcoding is happening.
(2016-01-25, 19:51)krustyreturns Wrote: Great, glad you got it. There is more of a load in this mode, but no decoding or transcoding is happening.

Yeah, I noticed that in the beginning there's quite a bit of choppiness for the first 15 or so seconds. I'm going to mess with the advanced.xml file and see if I can remedy that.
Same issue with WMC/ServerWMC running on a Win 7 pc, HD Homerun Extend, KODI running on an NVIDIA Shield. [all wireless]

Unchecking DLNA for KODI in the ServerWMC however prevents KODI playing any channel. KODI complains it cannot connect to the tuner.

Even with this limitation however, this is a fantastic approach for my needs and thanks to all who created this method of merging two great programs.
wurlizer,

If you are interested, uncheck DLNA for Kodi and try to watch a channel. Post the debug log on pastebin and put the link here. We can take a look.

That being said, if I had to guess I would say you have invalid tuners listed in your channel sources. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2258427 for details on how to troubleshoot tuners.
(2016-05-05, 00:02)sbthomas Wrote: wurlizer,

If you are interested, uncheck DLNA for Kodi and try to watch a channel. Post the debug log on pastebin and put the link here. We can take a look.

That being said, if I had to guess I would say you have invalid tuners listed in your channel sources. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2258427 for details on how to troubleshoot tuners.

As I had mentioned, KODI on my NVIDIA Shield works fine with DLNA checked except that I cannot pause/RW on live TV. A minor annoyance at most but given how well WMC & KODI seem to be working I can certainly live with that.

When I unchecked DLNA, KODI could no longer find my Tuner.

First attempt at PasteBin. http://pastebin.com/prTB1Fxb

This log was generated with DLNA for KODI unchecked. I had to re-check it for KODI to recognize my tuner.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
pause/RW on live TV in DLNA mode is not supported by Kodi. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do on the PVR side.

As for the ServerWMC log, it appears normal. However, I don't see a connection from a client which would be consistent with the error you are getting in KODI. However, I don't see how checking/unchecking the DLNA box in ServerWMC would affect KODI being able to connect to the ServerWMC backend. Do you have the PVR WMC Add-on enabled and configured? Can you watch Windows Media Center recordings using the TV->Recordings menu?

You can also post a ServerWMC log with the DLNA box checked and watching a channel. That will confirm that the ServerWMC backend is reachable.
(2016-05-06, 19:59)sbthomas Wrote: pause/RW on live TV in DLNA mode is not supported by Kodi. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do on the PVR side.

As for the ServerWMC log, it appears normal. However, I don't see a connection from a client which would be consistent with the error you are getting in KODI. However, I don't see how checking/unchecking the DLNA box in ServerWMC would affect KODI being able to connect to the ServerWMC backend. Do you have the PVR WMC Add-on enabled and configured? Can you watch Windows Media Center recordings using the TV->Recordings menu?

You can also post a ServerWMC log with the DLNA box checked and watching a channel. That will confirm that the ServerWMC backend is reachable.

This log is with DLNA checked [enabled].and watching a live tv channel. http://pastebin.com/X3dRygzA

NOTE: What I have yet to see is ServerWMC remux to a ".ts" file format even though that is checked in the "Debug Tab". I have only seen ".wtv" files.

No great problem if I cannot pause/RW while in live tv as this combination does not have to have every feature of a DVR. Waiting until a program is over to use all transport features is not going to abandon this combination of software applications.

Thanks for looking at this however.
Sorry, I don't know what is happening. The log you posted shows you being able to watch TV from Craig-HP which is the machine running WMC/ServerWMC. However it looks like all attempts to watch from "localhost" which is actually the Nvidia Shield Android box are failing. Are you able to watch recordings at all from the Shield? Have you put the Windows machine user credentials in the Folder tab in SwerverWMC. This will be required to watch on non-windows machines. This would cause both non-DLNA live TV and recordings to fail to be viewed. I'd also recommend turning off remux all recordings, that doesn't do any good. Hope this helps...
(2016-05-06, 21:54)sbthomas Wrote: Sorry, I don't know what is happening. The log you posted shows you being able to watch TV from Craig-HP which is the machine running WMC/ServerWMC. However it looks like all attempts to watch from "localhost" which is actually the Nvidia Shield Android box are failing. Are you able to watch recordings at all from the Shield? Have you put the Windows machine user credentials in the Folder tab in SwerverWMC. This will be required to watch on non-windows machines. This would cause both non-DLNA live TV and recordings to fail to be viewed. I'd also recommend turning off remux all recordings, that doesn't do any good. Hope this helps...

Thank you very much for all your suggestions. Even if I cannot get this pause/RW function to operate, the quest has helped me to better understand the requirements and interactions of these various bits of software.

Yes I can watch recordings from the Shield. Watched 2 1/2 hour shows and an hour long programs last night without any issue.

In the "Folders" tab I have

Under "Enter the network path to this folder, this is required for remote clients:
\\CRAIG-HP\Users\Public\Recorded TV

Under: "Watched ;Recorded TV' folders (from WMC):
\\MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Videos\HD Homerun

I have not checked the "Use Credentials on smb:// paths (Kodi clients)" as I was unsure what set of "User Name: and Password: were required .

NOTE: I wrote a script which runs at the end of a recording to MOVE any *.wtv files from: \\CRAIG-HP\Users\Public\Recorded TV [My Laptop path] to \\MYBOOKLIVE\Public\Shared Videos\HD Homerun [My NAS path] thus keeping as few videos on my laptop as possible.

I think what I am going to do is find a proper sized Windows 7 or 8 machine to act as my server [suggestions welcome] and off load this process from my laptop.

Thanks again for your help. Hope the KODI/WMC combination can be kept alive for many years.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't pause/rewind LiveTV...?0