Can't pause/rewind LiveTV...?
Assuming your Windows share is shared with "Everyone" (note that this is NOT Anyone) you need to put a user/pass that has access to the Windows machine and the MyBook in Credentials. You should then be able to turn off DLNA and things should still work.

In Windows Everyone means everyone that the Windows machine "knows" hence the need to use credentials that the machine i aware of.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2016-05-07, 15:44)Dilligaf Wrote: Assuming your Windows share is shared with "Everyone" (note that this is NOT Anyone) you need to put a user/pass that has access to the Windows machine and the MyBook in Credentials. You should then be able to turn off DLNA and things should still work.

In Windows Everyone means everyone that the Windows machine "knows" hence the need to use credentials that the machine i aware of.
Thank you for your response.

There is only one set of dialog boxes for entering "User Name: and Password:" and you stated I needed to put a user/pass for the Windows machine [my laptop] AND the MyBook [NAS] that is were my understanding fails me.

I know my laptop's user/pass and the NAS is just connected at boot. I have a user/pass for the NAS to access it from outside my LAN.

I will do a recording on my laptop but not MOVE it to the NAS and see if I can play it from the Shield in KODI. That should confirm that the Shield/KODI can see my laptop.
Dilligaf:

Just did a recording on my laptop running WMC/ServerWMC and then fired up the Shield/KODI. [disabled my MOVE script]

KODI, under "TV/Recordings" does show the listing for the show I just recorded but does nothing if I try to play it. Now that listing can only come from my laptop so KODI somehow sees it but obviously I have not configured something properly to allow it to play it. KODI also was showing a listing for a show currently being recorded on the laptop.

Sorry for being so dense. I guess being an Assembly and VB programmer does not help in my understanding of this software combination.
Check/post the ServerWMC log for problems (to a pastebin site). You should be able to set up a user on the NAS box that uses the same user/pass as Windows, altenatively you can add a user to Windows that uses the same credentials as the NAS. If you make the Windows user a member of the IIS_IUSRS group only then it will not be added to the Windows login (this works on Pro only) there are ways to mask users on Home, you will have to Google it.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Sounds like the creds are not set to allow it to access the laptop. This will also cause the live tv to fail. Sounds like the nas drive is public and doesn't require credentials. Try putting the laptop username and password into ServerWMC. That should resolve all your issues :-)
(2016-05-08, 01:18)sbthomas Wrote: Sounds like the creds are not set to allow it to access the laptop. This will also cause the live tv to fail. Sounds like the nas drive is public and doesn't require credentials. Try putting the laptop username and password into ServerWMC. That should resolve all your issues :-)

That was an improvement. Thank you!

I can now pause and resume at the same point. NOTE: if I attempt to FF/RW or left/right arrow after a pause, KODI jumps to the current live point in time and RW has no effect.

This is certainly usable at this point.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't pause/rewind LiveTV...?0