Linux Samsung ES8000 Help
My TV is the Samsung ES8000 with Linux operating system .. How can I install KODI TV.

THANX
Buy some device that can run Kodi and connect it with an HDMI cable to your TV
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-24, 00:55)Martijn Wrote: Buy some device that can run Kodi and connect it with an HDMI cable to your TV

KODI TV installed in linux yes or no ?
No you cannot install Kodi on that TV.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
That Samsung runs Tizen as the operating system, and no, you cannot install Kodi on it.
Thread moved to hardware, as it's not a feature request
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-24, 00:26)pumma Wrote: My TV is the Samsung ES8000 with Linux operating system .. How can I install KODI TV.

THANX

Almost every Smart TV on sale these days runs an OS based on Linux. However very few can run Kodi.

The only TVs that do run Kodi natively are those running Android which allow for third party apps to be installed. (Sony Android TV models for instance)

Tizen and Web OS TVs don't.
Hi Just wondering how about now ? Any progress on Kodi install on Linux Smart TV?? Thanks
(2016-05-23, 07:28)[email protected] Wrote: Hi Just wondering how about now ? Any progress on Kodi install on Linux Smart TV?? Thanks

If your TV runs Android - yes. If your TV runs any other Linux OS - No.

(Almost every TV on sale is Linux-based these days, but a Linux-based OS is no reason to believe Kodi will run)

Honestly - the best way of adding Kodi to a Smart TV is to plug in a Raspberry Pi 3 or similar running Kodi to a spare HDMI port...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Samsung ES8000 Help0