Updating data sources very slow.
I have about 500 TV Series totalling more than 1TB of data. If I add a new TV series it takes about 20 minutes for TMM to complete the 'Update data sources' phase. Is this normal? I'm sure it seemed to be much quicker when I first got TMM 7 or 8 months ago.

Some questions:
1. Is there a way to point TMM to the TV show folder that I have added to save TMM looking thru all the folders?

2. Can I cancel the 'updating data sources' before it has finished if I see that TMM has found the new TV series? TMM seems to find the new show very quickly but the bar graph at the bottom right of the screen takes ages to finish then it does the 'cleanup data base' phase.

I'm using 2.7.2

BTW this is not a complaint. I love TMM as it does exactly what I want in a Media Manager. I tried a few others and quickly returned to TMM.
I have about 130 shows.. so not as much as you... What I did to get around the problem was that I kept "Continuing" and "ended" shows as different sources. So I only update "Continuing". may not be a solution for you. Just my 2 cents
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

For one, I don't see how it's possible to have 500 TV shows equaling 1TB. 100 shows, in SD quality, not even HD, should EASILY fly past 1TB, and be at almost 2TB. So that statement makes absolutely no sense to me, but I'll skip past it.

I never had a problem with what you're describing. My sources load at lightning speed, even if I remove sources, and add again. Even if I delete the TMM folder and extract again and start new and load sources, it will still load them super quick, with or without nfo's/jpg's.
Akya. Thanks for your solution.

ilovethakush. I did another count and my original figure was wrong. It's actually 286 TV series. I was counting the folder that the show was in plus the number of series (folders). I have a folder for each TV show which contains a folder for each series of that show. I was counting the folder that had all the series in it (some shows have 1 series and some have multiple series). So I have 192 TV shows or 286 TV series. And most of it is in SD quality.

From what you are saying I should not have a problem. My source sits on a HP server by the way.
Ah that might be it. My source is just an external HD via usb.
I've just checked the code - in the cleanup phase we have some checks which can be "slow" on network file systems. But these checks have always been there Smile

good news: there is room for improvements. I try to integrate that for the next version
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks mlaggner
I have a big movies collection on Google Drive, and it's painfully slow updating the sources each time I add new movies. For those interested, here is a patch that doesn't care about already existing movies:
Code:
diff --git a/src/main/java/org/tinymediamanager/core/movie/tasks/MovieUpdateDatasourceTask.java b/src/main/java/org/tinymediamanager/core/movie/tasks/MovieUpdateDatasourceTask.java
index 07f134ff..d25abffd 100644
--- a/src/main/java/org/tinymediamanager/core/movie/tasks/MovieUpdateDatasourceTask.java
+++ b/src/main/java/org/tinymediamanager/core/movie/tasks/MovieUpdateDatasourceTask.java
@@ -202,9 +202,11 @@ public class MovieUpdateDatasourceTask extends TmmThreadPool {
           for (Path path : newMovieDirs) {
             searchAndParse(dsAsPath.toAbsolutePath(), path, Integer.MAX_VALUE);
           }
+/*
           for (Path path : existingMovieDirs) {
             searchAndParse(dsAsPath.toAbsolutePath(), path, Integer.MAX_VALUE);
           }
+*/
           if (rootFiles.size() > 0) {
             submitTask(new parseMultiMovieDirTask(dsAsPath.toAbsolutePath(), dsAsPath.toAbsolutePath(), rootFiles));
           }
@@ -219,7 +221,7 @@ public class MovieUpdateDatasourceTask extends TmmThreadPool {
           }

// cleanup
-          cleanup(ds);
+//          cleanup(ds);

// mediainfo
           gatherMediainfo(ds);

Could it be possible to add an option to only scan new added movies?
This patch removes the cleanup phase (which handles changed files on the file system side to be in sync with the tmm database)..
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating data sources very slow.0