v16 no DD5.1/2.0 AC3 Passthrough - Kodi 16.0-BETA5
Just logout from unity,

Select kodi / xbmc as session
login

And for xrandr:
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit
(with the same user running the desktop / kodi session)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi fritsch, took a while to find time again ... I try to sum up what I found out:

Sorry, but I want to run Kodi from desktop and could not achieve to start it directly ....

If ubuntu/unity desktop has the same resolution as the video (I start afterwards in Kodi) video plays immediately = fine ;-).
If desktop e.g. is 1080p50 and video is 1080p24, Kodi switches the resolution (to the one from the video as I told it with my settings) and then sits for 15s before it starts. During this time the display already shows the progress bar, as it would start every second, but then takes its 10-15s time

Please search in log for "terminating (autodelete)" then you find the delay 1-3 lines above.

2 there are still errors like in line 989:
"ERROR: CWinSystemX11::XErrorHandler: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter), type:0, serial:42, error_code:3, request_code:4 minor_code:0"

http://paste.ubuntu.com/14671648/
Yeah - we don't like to run on compositing managers, especially not on unity which cannot be disabled from our code.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-01-27, 12:45)fritsch Wrote: Just logout from unity,

Select kodi / xbmc as session
login

And for xrandr:
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi-xrandr | pastebinit
(with the same user running the desktop / kodi session)
Sorry, but I could not achieve to start it directly ....
Could you please give more advice to the linux novice ;-) ... if I log out I guess I am on the unity greeter, so there is only a login field for the passwd and no session choice ... ?!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no DD5.1/2.0 AC3 Passthrough - Kodi 16.0-BETA51