Layout Change for default Skin?
i like the idea of viewing movie thumbnails but don't like it how the title is always cut off.

i was thinking of a slight layout change to be able to view thumbs as well as full titles and maybe some brief imdb info.

3 mins latest in photoshop here is a possible idea?

what do people think?

or a more simpler option (probs better).

i have never skinned but i was just wondering what people thought about a change in the layout. maybe we can take this somewhere - or if people are interested i can looking at putting it together myself.
personally, i love the latter mockup (w/o the plot info). very nice and i'd like to see this implemented.
--jaga

p.s. maybe remove the date from showing one of the times.
--jaga
bigger thumbnail pix! Smile
dont want any other info just give me eye candy!
i assume this would also work well with 'large icons'....
--jaga
yeah using larger thumbs you could have 2 movies per page with nice big thumbs and brief info to the right.

slight update:

some nice eye-candy on the way soon *hint* *hint* Smile
XBMC Project Founder (Retired)
that is not a hint, it's a tease. and a mean one at that. how 'bout a real hint?
--jaga
oh alright then :d

imagine you boot up xbmc, in the background it looks at your video shares and lists your 3 newest movies, queries imdb for their proper names and poster art, creates thumbnails and displays all this information on your home-screen...
XBMC Project Founder (Retired)
touche. Smile
--jaga
Quote:imagine you boot up xbmc, in the background it looks at your video shares and lists your 3 newest movies, queries imdb for their proper names and poster art, creates thumbnails and displays all this information on your home-screen...

wow runtime! that would be so kuwl. Image
(runtime @ april 05 2004,18:22 Wrote:imagine you boot up xbmc, in the background it looks at your video shares and lists your 3 newest movies, queries imdb for their proper names and poster art, creates thumbnails and displays all this information on your home-screen...
all optional i hope? (and not enabled by default) Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Layout Change for default Skin?0