Saw someone at a remodeling show selling kodi with 1channel, sports devil etc
So I am here at a home remodeling show and someone is selling a packaged kodi with 1channel, sports devil, and a bunch of other plugins saying it is legal and free TV. As a developer of oss this really got me going. Here is the URL. Not sure what kodi's procedure is for this.
http://www.**********.com

Edit: URL removed.
400$ for some chinese ARM box that goes for 40$ on ebay.....AHAHAHAHAHA. These guys are seriously the definition of scammers, both the piracy part and the ripping-off-on-the hardware front.
(2016-01-24, 22:42)Soulbind Wrote: 400$ for some chinese ARM box that goes for 40$ on ebay.....AHAHAHAHAHA. These guys are seriously the definition of scammers, both the piracy part and the ripping-off-on-the hardware front.

I couldn't believe that the convention would even let them in. Are the people checking on the exhibitors that inept? I saw him sell 2 of these in 15 minutes. I did tell a few people it was a scam and told them to check out kodi. Thing is it said kodi real big in the top left of the screen.
...and this site will be flooded with those looking for solutions once the "free TV" crapped out.
(2016-01-25, 01:01)cd2022 Wrote: ...and this site will be flooded with those looking for solutions once the "free TV" crapped out.

Not to mention selling it mainstream will cause a bad press. There was nothing legit about what he was showing. Even in sports devil he said "sometimes you have to go down a few to find one that works but there always is one." He even was saying that they would get every ppv for free. I wanted to call him out on it but didn't know the best way to do it. He was clearly avoiding me.
No point in getting upset, this kind of thing will continue as long as there are people who can be suckered in. Better to take the high road, talk about how great Kodi is as a Home Theatre media player. Eventually the lure of services offered to smart TV's and corporate offerings will win the day, and someone will mention, 'they cut the cord only to replace it with a ball and chain'.
It may have been 150 years ago, but in some cases P.T. Barnum was prophetic and right on the money...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Saw someone at a remodeling show selling kodi with 1channel, sports devil etc0