Solved Add support for rating videos
I would like to request a new feature for Kodi:

Users are able to rate a movie/tv-episode from within the GUI. In the context menu of a video file, a new option "rate video" appears. This leads to a small dialog offering a star-rating scale (1 to 10 stars). The user rating is stored in the Kodi database. The new feature supports Skins, so that skin developers can style the rating dialog according to their wishes.

Additional ideas:
  • It is possible to display the user rating and sort videos according to the user rating (similar as sorting after imdb rating).
  • Furthermore it is possible for addons/scrapers to upload this rating to remote sites like themoviedb and thetvdb (imdb should be impossible because of captcha borders).

A similar feature was already developed in the past, but did not make it into the master branch. For reference, see http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/11750

I know that the Addon "trakt.tv" already offers a rating feature. This feature request is different from what trakt.tv offers! The most important aspect of this feature request, which is not covered by trakt.tv, is the ability to push your own ratings to remote sites and to integrate it into the default GUI.

In my opinion the option to rate a movie should be part of the basic features any media center offers.
and you're to late cause it's already added for user rating
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yep this feature was added recently for user ratings of all media.

You can test it out in the nightlies.

All ratings were also moved to a 1-10 scale.
Wow that sounds great Smile Can't wait to try it out.
i didn't get it straight. is it possible to upload ratings to your own themoviedb account?
(2017-01-27, 18:00)enclass Wrote: i didn't get it straight. is it possible to upload ratings to your own themoviedb account?

Check out http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=264729&page=2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add support for rating videos1