• 2(current)
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script...
I can only assume there are no scripters viewing this forum, it is a shame as so many users would really like this tv-links script.
fingers crossed someone stumbles across our request.
Well I just got my XBMC working and am also a huge lover of tv-links. I am thinking about looking into writing a script for this, but I have never used python (too bad there is no Ruby interpreter for XBMC Confused ). I think I am going to give it a shot anyway though and see how it goes. I will be out of town for Million Man LAN for a few days, but I'll try and get a little something working as soon as I can... if I can.
HarshReality Wrote:There is an alternative... if I recall there is a plugin for firefox somewhere where you can submit a link and it dumps it to your xbmc as a stream so it plays it (not certain that is exactly what it does or how but you should get the jist of it). At any rate, it so wrked wonderfully for sites like youtube and the like.. give it a try and see what it does....

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s...05654&st=0

I have used and currently use the xbmc fox but for some reason or another most of the links I send to my xbox don't seem to work. Actually I think I got one to work from Tv-links. That is why I was looking for a script for this site. I am trying to make one but I am having limited success getting the xml. with all of the show links.
I was thinking about maybe teaming up with bootsy and getting this out - not till XinBox V.1.0 is finished tho.

Will keep ya posted
stanley87 Wrote:I was thinking about maybe teaming up with bootsy and getting this out - not till XinBox V.1.0 is finished tho.

Will keep ya posted

Thank you so much for your working on this script. I have tried a few things but I am not a coder so I did not manage to do anything.

Thank you again this script will get a lot of use I am sure.
I started work on a script for this last night, and I have come quite far.

Right now I have the TVLinks.co.uk site fully navigable, and support for playing any of the videos that are in divx(stage6) or flv(youtube, veoh, tudou, ect) whwich I think covers at least 80% of the videos from what I've seen.

All that I have left to do before my first release is to fix a few minor bugs and add support for the links that point to swfs, iframes, and similar.

Expect the release by the end of this coming week, probably within the next few days though.
glad to hear someone has made progress on this. I just spent a couple hours going thru the joox.net script and trying to see how hard it would be to modify for tv-links. The problem I ran into was finding the address for the videos on the hosted site. The tv-links urls are based on category/show/id type scheme but how does this relate to the external links? I'd be really interested if you could explain how you figured that out.

thanks
Definatly thanks for the work on this script. I have tried to no avail I could not get it to work properly. I look forward to this script. Thanks again.
Looking forward to this script coming out..
Nod
Anyone have any more progress reports for the script?
Nope... I really wish pvtschlag would at least come back to answer my question about resolving the external links. If I could get that done I don't think I would have to much trouble putting a script together myself. Can anyone else here figure out how tv-links indexes the hosted videos? I looked through the page source quite a bit but can't pull anything from it.
if this helps here is an xml of tv-links http://www.nettwo.ca/xml/tv-links.xml
Well that is pretty nice but doesn't get me much further. I'm at work right now so I cant try this, but can anyone play a stream on their xbox using the following link - tv-links.co.uk/link.do/1/267/676/10744/18220 ? (as in make a text file with it and try and play the text file). If that works then this should be easy, but I am pretty sure I need the direct URL of the stream, not the tv-links URL, to get it to play.
Just tried it doesnt work. I'm talking with someone now who is telling me how to scrape url's from tv-links I'll get back to ya.
okay great. cant wait to figure out the secret heh
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Begging scripters for internet-TV "links" script...2