Audio Passthrough on Philips Android TV
I have a Philips 65PUS8102 TV (Android 6.0.1) with Yamaha HTR-3067 connected using HDMI cable. Kodi version 17.6 installed directly from Google Play.

My movies from SMB network share give only PCM two channel sound. I have enabled audio pass-through and configured speaker setup as 5.1. 
How to get proper 5.1 sound?

Another problem: display resolution is grayed out as 1080p. No 4K resolution available.
by not configuring speakers as 5.1........ Use 2.0
(2017-12-31, 17:54)kinggo Wrote: by not configuring speakers as 5.1........ Use 2.0
AC3 transcoding seems to work but audio pass-through does not.

This is how audio configuration looks like: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PObzx4...XESwiRenVB
(2017-12-31, 16:41)Jutzi Wrote: I have a Philips 65PUS8102 TV (Android 6.0.1) with Yamaha HTR-3067 connected using HDMI cable. Kodi version 17.6 installed directly from Google Play.

My movies from SMB network share give only PCM two channel sound. I have enabled audio pass-through and configured speaker setup as 5.1. 
How to get proper 5.1 sound?

Another problem: display resolution is grayed out as 1080p. No 4K resolution available.

TV Settings: Audio Out Format, choose Multichannel or multichannel (bypass). Those work for me and I don't even know exactly what is the difference. And like the previous poster said, from kodi you have to choose 2.0 channels in the audio options.

To your other problem; it is not a problem. That resolution you are referring to is just the Kodi GUI resolution. No need to change that. Your tv will automatically notice when there is a 4K video playing. You get a "HDR signal" pop up on the right corner. Plus you will notice that the picture quality is just better than normal 1080p.

Does someone know why Kodi 17.6 does not show DTS in the passthrough options? I thought the TV could handle it? I do get 5.1 out of the tv with kodi and a video with DTS but my AVR shows just DD, so i guess kodi is transcoding the audio perhaps...
My Mi Box show the DTS option in the passthrough settings of kodi with same Kodi version and AVR shows DTS playing.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Cheers mate. I've read that 1st post of that particular thread just a few days ago and it left me wondering what is going on cos this Philips has API 24 so it should support DTS but then I read some more of that fine thread now.
So I perhaps should assume that this Philips also has a crappy FW that is not adhering to standards which is why DTS is not showing up in Kodi settings.
Although I am not totally sure why my AVR shows DD pretty much all the time (even in Android homescreen) and I at least get some sounds from my 4.0 set up with DTS videos in Kodi.
I'll probably leave it as it is and accept my faith.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Passthrough on Philips Android TV0