Unable to start stream
Problem:
Stream will not start when trying to view encrypted channels with clients like VLC player or Kodi v15.2 or DVBviewer webplayer which all are using DVBviewer Recording Service.
There is no issue with Unencrypted channels.
Unencrypted and encrypted channels work fine with DVBviewer main program which is also set to use the DVBviewer Recording Service.
Everything is local on the 1 computer.

Additions info:

Exceptions are made within the firewall/virus scanner which is Norton Internet Security. The exception made are the DVBviewer.exe, RecordingService.exe and all *.ax files.

Within the DVBviewer Recording services, the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" has been activated.
Windows "Interactive Service Detection" has been started.

I have installed DVBviewer software on a second PC on the same network and successfully streamed encrypted channel to it.

Finnally I downgraded DVBviewer Recording services from v1.31 to v1.26 (could not find v1.29) and with this older version it works fine for both unencrypted and encrypted channels.
It seems something has changed with in DVBviewer Recording services v1.29 which Kodi DVBviewer client does not take advantage of but DVBviewer software does.

My setup:
Windows 8.1 x64
DVBviewer 5.5.0
Recording service 1.31.0
KODI 15.2 with DVBviewer client v1.10.35 add-on

I would like to know if someone can help me make this work with DVBviewer Recording services v1.31.

thank you in advance
mh, ok... what for channels, and how do you encrypt them? ci or software?
and, if you say it is also doesn´t working in dvbviewer webinterface and vlc, then the problem is definitely the recording service itself...
sounds to me if you encrypt the channels in software (hadu/acamd) and you set it up just for dvb Viewer, and not for the recording service...
if i´m right, you have to create a directory in the plugins directory of dvb viewer called "plugins1" and there have to be the plugins...
You are an the right track.
The mentioned plugin directory are present. Without them the encrypted will not stream not even with DVBviewer Recording services v1.26.
Do they need to be in a different directory from DVBviewer Recording services v1.29 and above?
no
thank you Junias..

I have ask around and it seems that anyone who has a DVB-S (or DVB-S2) card with 2 tuners has this issue.
If you have an DVB-S (or DVB-S2) card with a single tuner you will NOT have this problem.

To anyone, if you have a DVB-S (or DVB-S2) with a dual tuner and have this issue to or it works just fine,
please just give a reply here.
Thx.
I can tell you my DVB-S2 dual tuner works just fine. This sounds very much like a configuration issue on your side. Take a look at the hardware dialog of dvbviewer recording service and make sure both tuners are enabled + on the same group.
If this doesn't help, check out the dvbviewer rs logs.
Will do and will report back.
I will also make an comparison between the 1.26 & 1.32 settings.
Unfortunately I still cannot find the cause.

I have:
1# Removed v1.26 (including the data files)
2# Installed v1.32 and corrected the settings
3# Started Kodi and tried to open a channel
--- the buffering took long time but eventually there was no video nore sound
4# Shutdown Kodi
5# Made a copy of the rvcdebug files (of version 1.32)
6# Removed v1.32 (including the data files)
7# Installed v1.26 and corrected the settings
8# Started Kodi and opened a channel successfully
9# Made a copy of the rvcdebug files (of version 1.26)

I compared both debug files but did not find any abnormalities, see attachment
I also made screenshot of al the settings from both version, see attachment

Maybe you guys will see the fault, which I could not.

Link to Attachment
The channel you're testing is encrypted, right? It's better to use an fta channel for testing.
Despite this it's probably better if you head over to the dvbviewer forum for further help as this doesn't look kodi/PVR related.
They are telling me the opposite
because it works fine when there DVBviewer program is using DVBviewer Recording Service
I would appreciate your help in this.
Let's start over again. Close Kodi and start a browser. Browse the recording service webfrontend, click on the channel and click the "http direct stream"-button in the popup. Your browser will try to download a m3u-playlist. Start this playlist with vlc. Does the stream open? yes or no
One more thing: I don't like people lying to my face. Your last reply here is from 11:36 CET. Your new forum thread at http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/5774...fter-v126/ is from 16:52 CET. And Tjod doesn't tell you "the opposite".
Let me start of by telling you that I do appreciate your help.
2nd; What would I gain by lying, this issue is much older then today or this year for that matter, so my answer was not relayed to that forum post.
I just restarted analyzing this again after a long long time.
So to make things less complex, I would also appropriate if you would stop thinking me as a liar.

3rd: I am trying to approach it from different angles, instead of waiting and letting other people do the work. No fun in that.
As you can see in that forum I found, in the mean time, that it could be Recording Service related. Not sure about that, so I am hoping that they could give more insight.

Regarding your request.
I have run a few test, including your instruction.

1# VLC player on the local system AND on a client system runs the stream fine when using the *.m3u file, incl. Video and audio
2# Kodi + dvbviewer addon takes some time to buffer but there will be no video nore audio. You can see the channel name and the name will disappear when I press the stop button.
3# I get the same result as with 2# when I use the DVBviewer pro main program which is connected to the Recording Service.
"Laying" may be a bit harsh. More like playing games. But if the two posts are not correlated, it's fine and sorry for that.

Your issue still doesn't sound like it's PVR related. The dvbviewer RS API hasn't changed and I'm running 1.32 with no issues. And I'm sure others are as well.
Which OS are you running on client side? Do you have any firewall enabled? If so please disable it on both sides.
Also try running Kodi+PVR on server side to further minimize the environment. If it still doesn't work, enable Kodi Debug Log and show me the log (please use a paste service).
Edit: And please *never* test with an encrypted channel
ok, I will leave it at that.

I hope I can run it as you do. With a little bit of guidance
Both client and server are running on Windows 8.1 x64.

Kodi+PVR is running on server side. Client does not have Kodi installed.
I only use PVR with Kodi.

I do have firewall running on both sides. Turning it off does not make a difference.
I will see if there is a record stored within the firewall regarding PVR communication, even un-installing it completely.

Debug Log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to start stream0