Plex or Emby
This is a Kodi discussion forum, We're digressing here, best post in supporting Emby or Plex forum/webs sites.
(2017-02-01, 18:45)mxlance Wrote: Does plex run well on OS X 10.8.5?

The server minimum requirement is 10.8 so I think it works, but I haven't tried it myself, my Mac is on Sierra and PMS is now running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Give it a try, it's very easy to setup. As for watched status and progress syncing, for me it works flawlessly between all my devices including iPad, Smart TV and Kodi+PlexKodiConnect. Actually Kodi+PKC is the one where I can see all the progress easily, much better than the official Plex Media Player Smile
(2017-02-01, 20:10)PatK Wrote: This is a Kodi discussion forum, We're digressing here, best post in supporting Emby or Plex forum/webs sites.

While the question about OSX might be a slight digression, PKC is a Kodi addon, and the post is about integration between Kodi and Plex or Kodi and Emby. This should be the best place to discuss something Kodi-related with people that are more into Kodi than they are into Plex or Emby.
(2017-02-02, 09:44)zpaolo Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 18:45)mxlance Wrote: Does plex run well on OS X 10.8.5?

The server minimum requirement is 10.8 so I think it works, but I haven't tried it myself, my Mac is on Sierra and PMS is now running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Give it a try, it's very easy to setup. As for watched status and progress syncing, for me it works flawlessly between all my devices including iPad, Smart TV and Kodi+PlexKodiConnect. Actually Kodi+PKC is the one where I can see all the progress easily, much better than the official Plex Media Player Smile

thank you for the reply!
based upon the tip about PKC i decided to give it a try.
emby one week of testing and googling and no joy,
PCK one hour and it worked! Oh! the Joy.
I am making some changes to my media before i make the switch on all my clients.

thanks for the info
(2017-02-02, 09:47)zpaolo Wrote:
(2017-02-01, 20:10)PatK Wrote: This is a Kodi discussion forum, We're digressing here, best post in supporting Emby or Plex forum/webs sites.

While the question about OSX might be a slight digression, PKC is a Kodi addon, and the post is about integration between Kodi and Plex or Kodi and Emby. This should be the best place to discuss something Kodi-related with people that are more into Kodi than they are into Plex or Emby.

I must agree with zpaolo, the info i found here was a great help and resolved a long standing issue. in fact i would suggest a PKC wiki and official forum thread would be a great asset here.

thanks to all
(2017-02-02, 16:56)mxlance Wrote: in fact i would suggest a PKC wiki and official forum thread would be a great asset here.

There is already a PKC thread on Plex forums where croneter gives support and suggestions, and we asked the forum adimns to create a sub-forum just for PKC. Duplicating that forum here could be dispersive, although it's true that not all PKC users are die hard Kodi users...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex or Emby0