google nexus player kodi 15.2 buffer issues
i have 2 nexus players both running 15.2
i was having an issue where they would both stop playing every 3-10 minutes randomly.
after doing some research i found some people fixed the issue by editing the advance xml.
i already had the MtSQL script going so i added the buffer one to it.
they now buffer more. but as the video progresses it fails to continue to buffer.
so now it stops once a 30min video..
it also seems to stutter every now and then
it seems to be stopping in the same places without the code..
im streaming from a windows 7 PC threw SMB.

<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>157286400</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>

i have no issue with my nvidia sheild tv running 15.2
tho that is gigabit connected LAN. and the nexus is wifi.
tho both of my nexus players have great connection signal.
Hey there. The WiFi on the np is rubbish. We have a good router in the next room (less than 2m away) and the connection to the np is too slow (other devices are fine though so it is not the router). Get a USB to Ethernet connector - have not had any issues since doing so but WiFi was terrible. I have smb shares and even streaming full bluray rips are lag free. You need to get one of the more expensive USB to Ethernet adapters though - the cheap ones (less than $5 from china) which say USB 2, I have found are USB 1.0. I have 2 different "gigabit" USB 3 ones which cost about Au$25 which work fine.
(2016-01-26, 12:45)woronczak Wrote: Hey there. The WiFi on the np is rubbish. We have a good router in the next room (less than 2m away) and the connection to the np is too slow (other devices are fine though so it is not the router). Get a USB to Ethernet connector - have not had any issues since doing so but WiFi was terrible. I have smb shares and even streaming full bluray rips are lag free. You need to get one of the more expensive USB to Ethernet adapters though - the cheap ones (less than $5 from china) which say USB 2, I have found are USB 1.0. I have 2 different "gigabit" USB 3 ones which cost about Au$25 which work fine.

thats what i thought at first too.. but one of them thats having issues is 3 feet from the router... and they both worked no issues when i first set them up... it wasnt until i did the MySQL library share ive had issues.. Sad
now the bedroom one wont play half the stuff it was playing last week after i did the mysql.

another issue im having now is on all 3 of my kodi devices i cannot install any addons.. i was able to a few days ago.. but now i keep getting install failed.
and when streaming from bedroom im getting one or more files did not start. check logs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
google nexus player kodi 15.2 buffer issues0