Solved api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll is missing
Hi Support

I am in the process of setting up latest release of Kodi on Win server 2012 R2. When I launch the exe it produces and error.

api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll is missing. Is this dll part of a missing installation / feature of windows?

Thx
Thread moved to the Windows section, as it has nothing to do with add-ons.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Has anyone seen this error when launching Kodi?
Same problem here.
Update: first I was prompted with a "wlanapi.dll missing" message.

Solved that one by grabbing the file from a Windows 10 installation. Then this new "file missing" issue appeared which I couldn´t solve no matter which visual C runtimes etc I installed.

Turned out the root cause of the second "file missing" was due to me getting the wlanapi.dll from a Windows 10 installation - should have gotten it from a Windows 8.1 to get a proper version matching to Windows 2012 R2. Problem is I have no such installation within reach.

Another way to solve the wlanapi.dll missing issue is to enable the Wireless Network features by the Server Manager (or MICROSOFT SERVER CONVERTER 2012). Good news was that once I fixed the problem with wlanapi.dll, the second issue disappeared as well.
right click Kodi icon if in windows 10 and choose compatibility mode and choose windows 8 solved my mates problem last night who knows why but it worked, worth a couple o' clicks.

Failing that do a portable install os version 16, 16.1 and 17 see if any of them work without any outside influence.
I couldn't get a portable installation to work either. Think the reason was that my standard user doesn't have write permissions to the "program Files" folder. To solve the problem install Kodi to another folder, ie c:\Apps
orig poster, sorry I notice now its windows server but if a portable install dosent work your gona have problems.

std user should have write/read access to program files maybe not delete access so that's a strange one.
Soundman,
I fixed the problem you described. I was trying to get Kodi running on Server 2012. I downloaded all the files (32-bit versions) it was complaining about. As far as api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll, I downloaded api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll and switched the 1 and 2 in the name. After about 5 file downloads, Kodi ran without any compatibility modes. Message me if you have any questions. I haven't messed with actually getting Kodi to do what I want, but just getting it to open seams a victory.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
api-ms-win-core-heap-l2-1-0.dll is missing0