Is It Possible To Watch The Super Bowl In HD On Kodi?
I've never used Kodi before and sounds like I have a long learning curve a head of me here but just wondering if a guy could watch the super bowl in HD with Kodi?

I just bought a new TV and would love to have people over for the big game but I don't want to subscribe to cable since I never use it for anything other than football. If the season was just starting I'd go ahead and get the subscription but seems like such a waste of money and time just to get it for the one game.

Any suggestions?
Can't you just attach a $10.00 antenna to your new TV and watch the over-the-air broadcast?
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Should be able to get it over the air on CBS and use the HDHomerun add-on.
Depends on the OP location and terrain, it may not be possible.
Wasn't it streamed live on NFL.com last year?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Just a reminder I'm looking for HD.
(2016-01-26, 18:18)whysoserious Wrote: Can't you just attach a $10.00 antenna to your new TV and watch the over-the-air broadcast?

Unfortunately not, I live in Canada and also looking for HD.
(2016-01-26, 18:39)Lunatixz Wrote: Wasn't it streamed live on NFL.com last year?

Yes but unfortunately not in HD.
(2016-01-26, 18:38)cd2022 Wrote: Depends on the OP location and terrain, it may not be possible.

Yeah who knows, it may not be. I figured if anyone would know though it would be this crowd.
jeratt, I'm pretty sure Canadian broadcasters will carry and broadcast in HD. (Global, CityTV, CTV) Not sure who's carrying the game as I will be watching through a US cable channel.

LiveTV in Kodi is a tricky issue for sure. You'll need to read up on it and what plugins will work/not work. I've never had much luck getting a decent picture from any of them. I have high speed unlimited Internet, still, it's not great. I use Rogers and NextPvr to transmit signals around my house to various televisions in HD. The quality is ok, but I certainly won't be watching the Super Bowl through this method!

cwh.
(2016-01-26, 23:30)cwh060 Wrote: jeratt, I'm pretty sure Canadian broadcasters will carry and broadcast in HD. (Global, CityTV, CTV) Not sure who's carrying the game as I will be watching through a US cable channel.

LiveTV in Kodi is a tricky issue for sure. You'll need to read up on it and what plugins will work/not work. I've never had much luck getting a decent picture from any of them. I have high speed unlimited Internet, still, it's not great. I use Rogers and NextPvr to transmit signals around my house to various televisions in HD. The quality is ok, but I certainly won't be watching the Super Bowl through this method!

cwh.

It is likely that Global will carry and broadcast in HD but you still need a subscription(cable, etc )to get it(in HD).

My internet is pretty decent(Optic Fiber, 100 Mbps).

Edit: wow, interesting the more I look into it the more I'm starting to think that maybe I might be able to get Global in HD with an antenna. Thx for the tip I'll let you know how it turns out.
So as it turns out I should be able to get Global in HD with an antenna(which I've now ordered).

Thx alot guys, knew I was coming to the right place(even though kodi ended up nothing to do with the result lol).
Good luck, let me know which antenna you purchase. I'm interested in doing a similar experiment at home. Although I'm far from Toronto, I might be able to received a couple channels.

cwh
Here's a link for the broadcasting map for the GTA and surrounding area, includes Buffalo and Niagara falls Barrie. Television in Canada wiki Global HD may be available on one of the 3rd party un-authorised Canadian add-ons, but I wouldn't know anything about that.
Thread moved to off-topic, as it's not something specific for Windows or Kodi any longer
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is It Possible To Watch The Super Bowl In HD On Kodi?0