Android Need Help to Update android tv Box v4.0 to 4.2
I have an old android tv box with the v4.0.4, I was able to download Kodi v14 but i cannot update or download the newer version of Kodi. When i tired to download kodi v17 i get an error message "there was a problem parsing the package". I found out that this error is for when your tired to download a program that doesn't fit with the version of firmware your device has. So I need to update my box to a 4.2 and i don't know how to do it someone please help me. I tried at least 6 hours to finding a method and countless attempts but still have no luck. I would truly appreciate if some one would help me on this. Thank You!
Which box are you referring to (make/model)?

But you'd have to talk to whoever sold you the box or whoever made it.

We just supply the Kodi media player software, nothing else.

Thread also moved to the hardware section.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I don't if its the right model name but their is sticker on the box (BOMSTB-M3). In the setting its says Model Number (M3 Enjoy TV Box) Android Version 4.0,4
One of these?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The only way you'll be able to update your Android Box to 4.2 is ...

1. Manufacturer Supplied Firmware Update (either via OTA update or download from their Website [if they have one] )
2. or .. Google'ing for "Custom Firmware" for your box [Note: you could brick your box if something goes wrong, or if you flash the wrong firmware]

If none of that is 'do-able' then you're stuck with v14 (which i have, on an older Android box, works fine for streaming and local media)

Last option .... buy a new box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need Help to Update android tv Box v4.0 to 4.20