What version of xbmc,spmc, kodi for my 1st gen Fire TV?
I've got 1st generation Amazon Fire TV boxes behind all of my TV's. I set them up about 1.5-2 years ago and at that time SPMC (A forked XBMC) was the version best suited for AFTV.

Time has passed and I'm wondering if the current Kodi versions perform as well or better on the 1st Generation Fire TV boxes? Are there special configuration considerations?

Any help setting me straight would be appreciated.
I'm using the latest official ARM Kodi (v.16 RC1). If you sideload this app, it not only makes Kodi easy to launch, but easy to keep up to date (even betas if you want). The app can also be updated via itself; just need to re-launch it (and also if you reboot/re-power Fire TV).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I have fire starter on my AFTV and it's telling me that 15.2 is the latest version of Kodi - when obviously it isn't. Am I going to have to install that manually or is there a way to force fire starter to recognise it?
In FireStarter's settings, there's an option to enable Kodi betas. Then, when you check for an update, it should update whatever's latest (as of today v16 RC1).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-01-27, 19:46)JasonD95 Wrote: I have fire starter on my AFTV and it's telling me that 15.2 is the latest version of Kodi - when obviously it isn't. Am I going to have to install that manually or is there a way to force fire starter to recognise it?

v15.2 is the latest stable build. v16 is still in testing.
(2016-01-26, 22:15)roveer Wrote: I've got 1st generation Amazon Fire TV boxes behind all of my TV's. I set them up about 1.5-2 years ago and at that time SPMC (A forked XBMC) was the version best suited for AFTV.

Time has passed and I'm wondering if the current Kodi versions perform as well or better on the 1st Generation Fire TV boxes? Are there special configuration considerations?

Any help setting me straight would be appreciated.

I set one of those up for a xmas gift 2014 and it was pretty lame. This xmas the gift was to fix that mess so I bought a Chromebox. Before I set that up I set the AFTV up from a reformat and clean install with Kodi 15.2 (I think, the latest stable ver). I was pretty impressed with the differences from last year, in a lot of ways. Amazon made it easier and the new Kodi install was definitely faster.

You should update your devices, but you want to wait until next month when they roll out the newest update for the gen 1 AFTVs. Then you'll be able to have Kodi as a native ap on your main page, and some other things. If your gizmos are rooted you might have to do something, but I have no clue.

If I were you I would select one device to experiment on, and have a wireless keyboard. I use a K400 which is dirt cheap and nice to have around.

I'm not sure what kind of drama you will encounter with updating the device & Kodi, but I am thinking I would like to do a clean install and then add my user specific Kodi data. That is just me, I have never felt that updating or fixing an existing install was a very good solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What version of xbmc,spmc, kodi for my 1st gen Fire TV?0