Req Cast screen facility
I currently use chromecast dongle to view video and images from my tablet to my (non-smart) and TV with compatible apps like netflix and YouTube. Brilliant! Perfect! Can't fault it. However, the only option I have with Kodi app for Android is to mirror my tablet's screen. This causes the video to stutter and the audio to go out of sync. I can work around the audio sync problem by connecting to my soundbar via Bluetooth (battery intensive!) but not the video stutter. Please consider a cast option for videos in future updates! I'd love you forever x
Please read all the forums threads about chromecast, then find an OS implementation that works on all kodi's platforms.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-01-27, 06:16)Moonchild69 Wrote: I currently use chromecast dongle to view video and images from my tablet to my (non-smart) and TV with compatible apps like netflix and YouTube. Brilliant! Perfect! Can't fault it. However, the only option I have with Kodi app for Android is to mirror my tablet's screen. This causes the video to stutter and the audio to go out of sync. I can work around the audio sync problem by connecting to my soundbar via Bluetooth (battery intensive!) but not the video stutter. Please consider a cast option for videos in future updates! I'd love you forever x

Install an Android app called Yatse. It is a Kodi remote. Once Yatse has connected to Kodi, open the Youtube App on the tablet and choose to share the video. It should offer Yatse as a sharing method.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
For fairness and balance, I think the official Kore remote app can also do the same thing using the same sharing method.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I can already cast you tube and other apps via chromecast, I'd like to be able to do the same with kodi, and this solution doesn't seem to answer my problem. Thanks anyway
Kodi can't cast directly to Chromecast due to the code release limitations made by Google. So any playing from Kodi to there is going to have to be via a secondary app, either at the Kodi end (as an external player) or on the Chromecast itself to act as a receiver.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I've since discovered this since my original post. Sucks. I'll just have to keep using my workaround and put up with stuttering video.
I wouldn't disagree, but it's sadly a fact of life given the open-source nature of Kodi and the close-source nature of Google and the Chromecast code...

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cast screen facility0