Android Desperately need help
Hi I made a build using Aeon Nox Silvo version 5.6.0-1.8.3
Well now there is an auto update and it deletes my build. I still
have add-ons and programs but no background pictures .
Subtitles or custom menus. I've tried to renstall but it keeps updating g and and raising my work.
Please help.
Thank you
Rob
hey robzilla,
i am realy sorry for your problems, but it would be nice, if you wont open always a new thread for every new problem maybe ? and posting the same problem in different threads wont help you faster neither...
if you are using jarvis all skin settings are stored under userdata/"skinfolder"/settings.xml
all kodi settings are saved in userdata/guisettings.xml
and maybe disable "autoupdate" in addons settings too
or try to install skin - disable network - configure your settings - make a backup of your settingsfile and go online again - if its updating again, and "clean" your settings, you can try to restore your settings file again...

but to get realy helpfull help here we need
1. LOGFILE
2. detailed steps you are using
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Just increase the version number of your own build, so that it's'always higher than the one in the repo.
Or change skin id
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thats cheating !!! ... and such tips from DEVS Huh

hehe jk ... good ideas Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Unless of course the 'work' being referred to is main menu customisation, in which case its the skin shortcuts script thats really overwriting the work. In which case, the solution is to back up the userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts folder. (And probably to adjust paths of backgrounds in the skin.name.properties file in the same folder)
Photo 
Sorry this seems to be the only way I can post!
Just got my self a Sony android tv. I installed kodi and try'd following YouTube videos but everyone seems to be using windows/Mac to load add-ons.
1st,Is it possible to load all the same add-ons on an actual android tv. 2nd, can i get all UK & USA tv, sports and movies in one place on kodi. Ie like a paid TV service. Any pointer's and preferably a step by step guide. Many thanks.
(2016-01-27, 11:11)brunty78 Wrote: Sorry this seems to be the only way I can post!
Just got my self a Sony android tv. I installed kodi and try'd following YouTube videos but everyone seems to be using windows/Mac to load add-ons.
1st,Is it possible to load all the same add-ons on an actual android tv. 2nd, can i get all UK & USA tv, sports and movies in one place on kodi. Ie like a paid TV service. Any pointer's and preferably a step by step guide. Many thanks.

You have broken so many forum rules and etiquette in your first post I don't even know where to start!

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...ed_add-ons

http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rul...acy_Policy
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
@BobCratchett He is using the Helix version which is pre-update to skinshortcuts for the main menu. I have to assume that he is using Kodi Helix and has some "repos" installed that do not have separate sections based on the users Kodi version and is updating the skin to "who knows what" and starts with the default menus.

This is one of the many reasons why I do not like "builds"... It has nothing to do with using the skin and making it your own, feel free to do whatever you like with it.

I have asked for help on the forums in the past and on many occasions received no help or responses. I did not start sending multiple PM's or keep asking. I tried to figure it out myself and in doing that I learned way more than if my question was answered.

I feel somewhere along the way perseverance and determination disappeared. I think it may have gone to the same place as all the letters and words missing in most of the current correspondence (like 10x Wink, 10x is the same amount of characters as thx the commonly used abbreviation) I guess I will just have to get used to not understanding somethings...

Feeling a little curmudgeonly... Like I should be complaining about loud rap music or yelling get off the lawn Tongue and I am only 34...

Anyhoo... OP, follow the instructions posted by Koying or Martijn but I think Martijn's way is preferred, at least by me.
(2016-01-27, 11:49)mikesilvo164 Wrote: @BobCratchett He is using the Helix version which is pre-update to skinshortcuts for the main menu. I have to assume that he is using Kodi Helix and has some "repos" installed that do not have separate sections based on the users Kodi version and is updating the skin to "who knows what" and starts with the default menus.

This is one of the many reasons why I do not like "builds"... It has nothing to do with using the skin and making it your own, feel free to do whatever you like with it.

I have asked for help on the forums in the past and on many occasions received no help or responses. I did not start sending multiple PM's or keep asking. I tried to figure it out myself and in doing that I learned way more than if my question was answered.

I feel somewhere along the way perseverance and determination disappeared. I think it may have gone to the same place as all the letters and words missing in most of the current correspondence (like 10x Wink, 10x is the same amount of characters as thx the commonly used abbreviation) I guess I will just have to get used to not understanding somethings...

Feeling a little curmudgeonly... Like I should be complaining about loud rap music or yelling get off the lawn Tongue and I am only 34...

Anyhoo... OP, follow the instructions posted by Koying or Martijn but I think Martijn's way is preferred, at least by me.

You are completely right in your assertion of this situation. I was also PM'ed and like other threads he has been asked for appropriate details but that does not seem to be forthcoming.
So do not feel curmudgeonly !
the community needs you to be all Jolly & full of life.. Your work is too important for you to be made to feel miserable Wink
yeah... seems Silvo needs a "small" time off from this here and recharge his batteries...
with his HUGE help for us and his own baby + real life ... man i get a burnout if i just think of all this stress man Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Desperately need help0