Multi Image background time Amber
In Amber..
Is it possible to change the rate of the swapping of images when using Multi images as backgrounds?

It's way too fast in my opinions.. Any idea where this can be changed or where I should start looking?
Thank you very much!

SOLVED: nano ~/.kodi/addons/skin.amber/1080i/Home.xml Search for: "timeperimage" edit to your liking.
Hi in includes.xml look for the <include name="BG.Defaults">, and under there is the line

<timeperimage>9000</timeperimage>

This is a rotation every 9 seconds, I don't use multiimage but that does seem quite frequent. What were you thinking of setting it to, 15 seconds?
Very strange. I don't have an includes.xml. Where is it located for you and I will create it there and try that code and see what happens..

I'm running OpenElec, does that change anything?
Thanks for your help. I'm going to set it to something like 5 minutes actually. I've got kodi running pretty much 24/7 on the TV so then it becomes more like a painting than a tv when it's not being used Smile..
Sorry for double posting but after a bit of research I found 4 includes.xml when seraching through ssh instead of browsing files through windows..

3 of them are the same, linked together in blabla/kodi/saddons/skin.confluence/720p
1 is for a musicaddon..

can't find anything amber related through seraching via ssh. Very strange.. Any thoughts. Thanks..
(2016-01-27, 13:17)algis Wrote: Sorry for double posting but after a bit of research I found 4 includes.xml when seraching through ssh instead of browsing files through windows..

3 of them are the same, linked together in blabla/kodi/saddons/skin.confluence/720p
1 is for a musicaddon..

can't find anything amber related through seraching via ssh. Very strange.. Any thoughts. Thanks..

Hi, it will be located in .kodi/userdata/addons/skin.amber/1080i (that's off the top of my head so it may be slightly wrong)
That's so odd.. I'm using the amber skin but there is no skin.amber in that folder. Only Confluence.. I'll head over to the OpenElec forum and ask. Thanks for your help!
I'm a complete idiot.. I forgot that linux systems are case sensitive. The file is called Includes.xml not includes.xml..
Whaaat a moron! Wink Problem solved! Thanks!
Last post then this can be locked. I need to make a correction for people in the future reading this..
It's NOT Includes.xml that edits this.. its Home.xml its in the same directory as stated before.. Search for "timeperimage" in that file and there you go.. THanks Joe for putting me on the right track..
(2016-01-28, 01:22)algis Wrote: Last post then this can be locked. I need to make a correction for people in the future reading this..
It's NOT Includes.xml that edits this.. its Home.xml its in the same directory as stated before.. Search for "timeperimage" in that file and there you go.. THanks Joe for putting me on the right track..

Ah yes, that will cover the home screen backgrounds, I didn't notice that one. The Includes.xml setting will dictate for other Windows. Glad you managed to fix it. Don't forget that you will need to make the change every time that the skin gets updated :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi Image background time Amber0