• 70(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Quote:Okay, everything except installing Beta 9 is pretty much incorrect. You do not need to install Extended Info, it is installed for you by From Ashes Danvers as it's required by the skin to use. You already have it.

The only thing you need to do to make that dialog appear by default: Settings -> Media -> Videos -> Default Select Action (Under "All" ) -> Select "Show Information"

Then, whenever you go to any of you video media in your library, when you press the "select" or "ok" button on your remote (Samsung SUHD remotes would have this be that inner ring button - basically, whatever you press to navigate through the various menus) the video information screen will appear instead of it immediately starting playback.

Ahh that worked ... Smile I am now getting the info here.... Very nice... Smile

I was wondering af few things... Smile

1: Not sure if this is a bug in OSMC or the skin, but when I went in here: System -> Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals -> CEC adapter my OSMC did a bad smily face hehe... Smile I would have loved to configure my info button on my remote, so I could get the option to go in and mark a movie as watched or not watched.... ( this is a Plex thing)

2: The spotlight info there is on the screen when you choose classic mode, you could choose what folder etc that you wanted spotlight info from, instead of that it´s just choosing things random here.... Where and can I still change this?? I have not been able to find this function.... So right now I am just running with default. Smile

Otherwise I just need to adjust the new view of function etc ... But very nice work here guys. Smile
I'm looking for code responsible for this display

(2017-01-18, 08:46)avia Wrote: Need a tip

If you choose default view then this will appear on your screen Smile
Thank you
Dated: January 17, 2017

From Ashes Community,

When I embarked on this endeavour handed down to me from @im85288 and @badaas I foresaw nothing more than a skin that would stay frozen in time but work as Kodi evolved. That was 2015. Now, From Ashes has evolved and has reached a scope that I personally didn't think would happen; a point where rather than a skin being frozen in time it has become a skin ever evolving and growing with the audience that uses and loves it so much. A side project - blown into a home grown full project which has taken a lot of time. I have written many times that the goal of From Ashes was to create an environment and ecosystem similar to that of Ubuntu with those capable of helping to contribute, contributing what they would like but that has seldom happened. Instead, From Ashes, and especially From Ashes Danvers, have become the epitome definition of "jack of all trades, master of none."

In someways, I think I know now what @braz may have had going through his mind when he decided to change course from Mimic 4 to Mimic 5. The reality is that as I watched the setting sun from the hills of Moorpark, California I realized that we needed to take a step back and take a look at the direction of From Ashes. How can we create a healthy community of skin users willing to help participate in its development? What is the direction of From Ashes? These, among many other questions, have led us to our current point.

I realize it every time someone asks about a bug from ten pages ago that has slipped through the cracks: the ratio of developers to users is just too low and the tools for developers to keep track of user requests are currently non-existent but have been planned now for some time.

In a week or two, From Ashes Danvers will enter its tenth beta. It won't be a large update. Just something to address glaring issues which you all may not have even noticed. After that, there will be a long interregnum as we cultivate what's needed to actually move From Ashes forward and into For Another Age.

As From Ashes is really the only Arctic Zephyr mod left and with that some have said it's divulged enough to be considered its own skin, the course of the From Ashes Project is rather unclear. With a continually growing demand that three people can't ever hope to keep up with, I will for the first time since the From Ashes Project started interject with a request for those that want to take From Ashes to the next level to PM me or to post here because until we have a decently sized capable team I fear that From Ashes isn't going to go anywhere in the time being.

Here's something astonishing to think about: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is downloaded approximately 1.2 million times each update from the NortheBridge by Design and Enterprise CDN alone. We can't track Emby and we don't track GitHub. Let's say a fraction of those users, about 500,000 actively use From Ashes Danvers every single day based on those same stats. This thread only has 126,000 views. It's time that we ask for additional help and get an influx of new ideas and people willing to contribute to prevent the stagnation that we see with From Ashes now.

So, in closing, after the release of the tenth beta of From Ashes Danvers, the development of From Ashes will be postponed until a real direction can be laid out and we can get some more help; and if you want to help simply shoot me a PM or post here. Let's see what we can accomplish if we cultivate a healthy, contributor community.

Sincerely,
Guardian Hope
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Hello Mate,

Seems you are finally realizing what you've taken on and what it requires! I myself are mainly the only person behind Madnox now, schimi2k left us last August RIP and meowmoo is a new father so his time is elsewhere but he only works on music anyway, and just trying to keep a skin current version i.e. V17 now but V18 codes changes are already required is nearly a full time job add to the fact that you don't get much positive comments some days in the thread if even anything in the thread and you start to wonder why you're giving a lot of your spare time to it, I know that feeling all to well.

I hope you find a way and continue, from what I've seen you're very capable and have done some good work in your mod, oh and on that it'll probably always be a 'mod' I don't know what is needed for it to become it's own skin anymore after the work we've done on Madnox it is still a 'mod'

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-01-18, 15:21)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hello Mate,

Seems you are finally realizing what you've taken on and what it requires! I myself are mainly the only person behind Madnox now, schimi2k left us last August RIP and meowmoo is a new father so his time is elsewhere but he only works on music anyway, and just trying to keep a skin current version i.e. V17 now but V18 codes changes are already required is nearly a full time job add to the fact that you don't get much positive comments some days in the thread if even anything in the thread and you start to wonder why you're giving a lot of your spare time to it, I know that feeling all to well.

I hope you find a way and continue, from what I've seen you're very capable and have done some good work in your mod, oh and on that it'll probably always be a 'mod' I don't know what is needed for it to become it's own skin anymore after the work we've done on Madnox it is still a 'mod'

Mike.

Hey Mike,

Indeed. Although yesterday may have been that 'hit me' moment, as I look back through the latest rounds of AZ:FA development, I found myself wondering why is From Ashes trying to please everybody - it has created this situation where now it's becoming unsustainable because of no direction. Truthfully, I feel your pains as I personally have reached a point where I don't have the time for a second voluntary full time job. Minus0 was an extraordinary help but he has his own matters to attend to and Habitual_Sinner really just works on music.

Everything you say is right and then some. I might have to look around and pluck some talent as well because the sheer volume of work involved to support the sheer volume of people is too much for 2-3 people. As it stands right now, at least for the From Ashes Project, after Beta 10 gets out the door there's going to be a very long period of waiting for the next release while everything is reorganized.

I guess we'll see what 2017 holds so to speak.

Cheers mate!
(2017-01-19, 07:13)Guardian Hope Wrote: I found myself wondering why is From Ashes trying to please everybody - it has created this situation where now it's becoming unsustainable because of no direction.

Exactly this. Just stop trying to please everyone. Layout your goal/vision/direction and do just that. When so many users start requesting this and that "oh just a small change" can often turn into something overwhelming. I feel your pains, ive done a lot of volunteering coding work on the side for various projects and we simply became burnt out because of the lack of direction and trying to please everyone. Sometimes you just need to focus on goals and politely say "no, thats not within our scope for the moment". I like the way Braz, or Hitcher on these forums handles it. People still ask, but more often then not its a no / will consider if popular enough.

Ive now had to allot 2 hours of volunteering [design/art] work a week, on a project that has clear a vision and goal for each build. While we take in all the feedback. Saying no and not trying to please every user, the team is a lot happier and we've found we are getting a lot more work done.

I think Bug tracking of some sort will help your sanity as well.

I love the work you've done on this skin. Whatever you choose to do moving forward, thankyou so much for contributing to the Kodi skinning community in positive ways (regardless of the way some users have behaved)
(2017-01-18, 13:29)Guardian Hope Wrote: Dated: January 17, 2017

From Ashes Community,

When I embarked on this endeavour handed down to me from @im85288 and @badaas I foresaw nothing more than a skin that would stay frozen in time but work as Kodi evolved. That was 2015. Now, From Ashes has evolved and has reached a scope that I personally didn't think would happen; a point where rather than a skin being frozen in time it has become a skin ever evolving and growing with the audience that uses and loves it so much. A side project - blown into a home grown full project which has taken a lot of time. I have written many times that the goal of From Ashes was to create an environment and ecosystem similar to that of Ubuntu with those capable of helping to contribute, contributing what they would like but that has seldom happened. Instead, From Ashes, and especially From Ashes Danvers, have become the epitome definition of "jack of all trades, master of none."

In someways, I think I know now what @braz may have had going through his mind when he decided to change course from Mimic 4 to Mimic 5. The reality is that as I watched the setting sun from the hills of Moorpark, California I realized that we needed to take a step back and take a look at the direction of From Ashes. How can we create a healthy community of skin users willing to help participate in its development? What is the direction of From Ashes? These, among many other questions, have led us to our current point.

I realize it every time someone asks about a bug from ten pages ago that has slipped through the cracks: the ratio of developers to users is just too low and the tools for developers to keep track of user requests are currently non-existent but have been planned now for some time.

In a week or two, From Ashes Danvers will enter its tenth beta. It won't be a large update. Just something to address glaring issues which you all may not have even noticed. After that, there will be a long interregnum as we cultivate what's needed to actually move From Ashes forward and into For Another Age.

As From Ashes is really the only Arctic Zephyr mod left and with that some have said it's divulged enough to be considered its own skin, the course of the From Ashes Project is rather unclear. With a continually growing demand that three people can't ever hope to keep up with, I will for the first time since the From Ashes Project started interject with a request for those that want to take From Ashes to the next level to PM me or to post here because until we have a decently sized capable team I fear that From Ashes isn't going to go anywhere in the time being.

Here's something astonishing to think about: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes is downloaded approximately 1.2 million times each update from the NortheBridge by Design and Enterprise CDN alone. We can't track Emby and we don't track GitHub. Let's say a fraction of those users, about 500,000 actively use From Ashes Danvers every single day based on those same stats. This thread only has 126,000 views. It's time that we ask for additional help and get an influx of new ideas and people willing to contribute to prevent the stagnation that we see with From Ashes now.

So, in closing, after the release of the tenth beta of From Ashes Danvers, the development of From Ashes will be postponed until a real direction can be laid out and we can get some more help; and if you want to help simply shoot me a PM or post here. Let's see what we can accomplish if we cultivate a healthy, contributor community.

Sincerely,
Guardian Hope

It´s extremely sad to see that this project will be stopped, You have done a hell of a job, and I really like the skin that you have made here.

But I do understand what you are going through here, and I guess this is why most jobs like this run out in the sand and nothing happens afterwords.

I truly hope that someone will step up here and help out, so the very nice project can keep running. ( I wise that I had more skills in coding / linux, but I don´t so can´t really help here.)

Thanks for all the things, support, work you have done. Big GrinBig Grin
Another thing GH and probably the biggest problem we have is attempting to code everything that everyone wants, in reality we just can't do it and probably shouldn't. What you should do is decide that any future major updates are things you or the team want personally and then listen to peoples requests for whatever and then look at the request and see if you would actually want it in the skin for yourself, if not then say no or not right now.

Trying to please everyone will never be achieved as one person wants this where another doesn't. Everything I add is generally switchable which itself can start to add problems.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2017-01-19, 12:43)Mike_Doc Wrote: ...What you should do is decide that any future major updates are things you or the team want personally and then listen to peoples requests for whatever and then look at the request and see if you would actually want it in the skin for yourself, if not then say no or not right now.

Exactly this. If you want a contributor community to happen you have to say "write it yourself" if you're not personally interested in the feature.
(2017-01-19, 12:24)osberg Wrote: It´s extremely sad to see that this project will be stopped, You have done a hell of a job, and I really like the skin that you have made here.

But I do understand what you are going through here, and I guess this is why most jobs like this run out in the sand and nothing happens afterwords.

I truly hope that someone will step up here and help out, so the very nice project can keep running. ( I wise that I had more skills in coding / linux, but I don´t so can´t really help here.)

The From Ashes Project isn't going anywhere; I didn't mean to allude to a cessation of releases in their entirety. It's just after Beta 10 goes out the door the From Ashes Project is going to undergo a lot of restructuring to align philosophy with the way we do things and I think Mike, soxisim, and karlshea all have valid points. Especially if the daunting task of For Another Age and the possibility of Project Erso go through. We've been running From Ashes "shotgun" style and that's no longer working. It has outgrown that.

One of the aforementioned said bug tracking, or project management at this point, will likely go a long way towards sanity and while it's been on the 'to-do list' it's been something that's been neglected in favor of continued Danvers updates. It has to stop as a house without a foundation cannot stand and that's exactly what Danvers has become.

After Beta 10 is released which should be pretty stable it will be time to handle things we should have done long ago like getting the From Ashes Project site running, have project tracking with upvoting and downvoting feature requests, and layout the map of From Ashes to For Another Age.

And most importantly, create that pseudo-Canonical/Ubuntu environment where the community can contribute their ideas and what they want to see while we make sure everything works in harmony and add mainstay features that we want. It's probably going to take two weeks (it's a lot of applications and a lot of writing) but just taking a step back has allowed me to figure out where to go to next with From Ashes and while it may be completely unprecedented to do it - it never hurts.

It's going to be an interesting next several weeks for From Ashes but I do want to especially thank Mike for helping me to take the step back and see really where I want this project to go. I also want to thank everyone who gave their insights - sometimes it helps to get an outside perspective to know what to do next.
(2017-01-20, 07:21)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 12:24)osberg Wrote: It´s extremely sad to see that this project will be stopped, You have done a hell of a job, and I really like the skin that you have made here.

The From Ashes Project isn't going anywhere; I didn't mean to allude to a cessation of releases in their entirety. It's just after Beta 10 goes out the door the From Ashes Project is going to undergo a lot of restructuring to align philosophy with the way we do things and I think Mike, soxisim, and karlshea all have valid points. Especially if the daunting task of For Another Age and the possibility of Project Erso go through. We've been running From Ashes "shotgun" style and that's no longer working. It has outgrown that.

One of the aforementioned said bug tracking, or project management at this point, will likely go a long way towards sanity and while it's been on the 'to-do list' it's been something that's been neglected in favor of continued Danvers updates. It has to stop as a house without a foundation cannot stand and that's exactly what Danvers has become.

After Beta 10 is released which should be pretty stable it will be time to handle things we should have done long ago like getting the From Ashes Project site running, have project tracking with upvoting and downvoting feature requests, and layout the map of From Ashes to For Another Age.

And most importantly, create that pseudo-Canonical/Ubuntu environment where the community can contribute their ideas and what they want to see while we make sure everything works in harmony and add mainstay features that we want. It's probably going to take two weeks (it's a lot of applications and a lot of writing) but just taking a step back has allowed me to figure out where to go to next with From Ashes and while it may be completely unprecedented to do it - it never hurts.

It's going to be an interesting next several weeks for From Ashes but I do want to especially thank Mike for helping me to take the step back and see really where I want this project to go. I also want to thank everyone who gave their insights - sometimes it helps to get an outside perspective to know what to do next.

I have so much respect for this decisions that you are taking here. all knows that this is free of charges if you can say it like that.... And you and alot of other people are putting many hours into developing this very nice skin here. Smile so manys thanks to your all....

Spend that last 10 years testing and designing software so all the things you are talking about here, to keep track of bugs, feature list, voting etc all this is not something there is nice to have, but need to have... otherwise you not keep track of things. Smile

So great respect for taking a step back and look at things again, "start over" if you can say it like that. Smile
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (BETA 9) - Issue 20170122-0001
Identified: 1/22/2017

Information

An issue has been discovered with the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (BETA 9 Preview) package which may not allow it to install on all systems. The issue was uncovered in http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=304716 and related to how the download was packaged.

Type:
  • Installation Issue (NBD Repo, Enterprise CDN, Emby Repo)

Resolution

We will be releasing Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (BETA 10 Preview) package with the corrected fixes today. Depending on geographical location, it may take 2-12 hours from the time of the release post for you to be updated. The BETA 10 Preview should include several fixes for missing icons but doesn't address some of the functional issues that were supposed to be in the original BETA 10 update. These will be moved to the BETA 11 Update and will be released simultaneously with the From Ashes Project Tracking and Project Management System at the end of the month.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) for Kodi 17 Krypton
Preview Beta 10 Update (BETA 10)"

This update addresses Issue #20170122-0001.

The tenth Beta of the Girl of Steel version of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes has arrived. This should resolve issues for anyone having trouble with certain textures not displaying or having any installation issues or simply just didn't get Beta 9 because we (I) forgot to append ".danvers" to the internal folder of the Beta 9 Release Package. We've also officially named the upcoming Krypton version "Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers" and in the Beta 11 release any mention of the "Anniversary Edition" will be removed. You all will unfortunately have to deal with the one little pop-up about it being a preview for a little longer.

Barring any critical issues as I did include an experimental fix in this update, no further releases will be made until the From Ashes Project is reorganized which means "get cozy with Beta 10, you'll have it for at least a month."

Get Danvers Preview (Beta 10):

NortheBridge by Design Repository 2.0: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/Natalie...2.0.00.zip
Enterprise CDN Download: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/da...beta10.zip
GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc....92-beta10
Available in the Emby Beta Repository

Changelog:

Code:
[B]Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers "Beta 9 Preview Update" - Released December, 22, 2017[/B]
Danvers: 4.9.92-beta10 (4.9.92-beta10_danvers)

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES DANVERS IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE DESIGNED AND DEVELOPED FOR A PRE-RELEASE VERSION OF KODI, KODI 17 KRYPTON.THERE IS NO GUARNTEE THAT ALL FEATURES WILL WORK. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY ISSUES YOU RUN INTO. THIS SKIN IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE NORTHEBRIDGE BY DESIGN(R) REPOSITORY, EMBY BETA REPOSITORY, GITHUB, OR VIA DIRECT ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD ONLY.

Addresses Installation Issue Due to Danvers Preview Beta 9 Package
Fixes Changelog
Addon Framework 4.9.92 BETA 10
Texture Package 4.9.92 BETA 10
Updates README
Changes to About From Ashes
Resolves Issues with Missing Textures
Updates Legacy About From Ashes Screen
Updates From Ashes Prompts