• 72(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Code:
ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Skin.String(Header.1111

There are many errors in connection with this issue
(2017-01-28, 13:46)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2017-01-26, 10:19)Dunjamon Wrote: Love this skin! With the latest 9 and 10 releases is anyone else seeing a YouTube error with add-ons? Everything seems to work, but when I load up a video add on I see a YouTube error in the top right. If I revert back to the default skin it works fine. I've removed and re-installed the skin, but it's still the same.

Can you please provide a debug level log with the error occurring so I can take a look into i for the Beta 11 update?

I also want to go through the list of known tracked bugs so far:
  • Potential Compatibility Issues with PlexKodiConnect "On Deck"
  • UHD Detection Displays SD Icon
  • UHD Texture Is Missing
  • Spotlight Widget Behaivor Not Switching Modes to Other Available Functions
  • Emby Video Library Detection

Are there other issues with Beta 10? Our focus moving forward has to shift from adding new features to stability as new features can be added post-preview.

I think this is the bit. Is this correct?

19:00:47.026 T:18446744072399658528 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.7) on Krypton (Kodi-17.0) with Python 2.7.12
19:00:47.044 T:18446744072399658528 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'q'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 93, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 223, in _internal_search
query = params['q']
KeyError: 'q'
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:00:47.207 T:18446744072351652608 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=
19:00:53.560 T:18446744072349010888 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.3.7) on Krypton (Kodi-17.0) with Python 2.7.12
19:00:56.813 T:18446744072301771872 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://localhost:52307/getthumb&title=..
(2017-01-30, 15:41)osberg Wrote: I saw the same thing, what I did was change the function of what is should do when you want to enter the live tv part.

I chose the option to go into TV - Channels and now it works for me Smile

Thanks
Sorry everyone - I've been rather busy plus I actually was at the ER last week Sad.

With the release of Krypton, AZ:FA 5 ("Danvers") will be released soon. It should address issues that cropped up while newer features can be added later on Smile.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
(2017-02-07, 14:07)Guardian Hope Wrote: Sorry everyone - I've been rather busy plus I actually was at the ER last week Sad.

With the release of Krypton, AZ:FA 5 ("Danvers") will be released soon. It should address issues that cropped up while newer features can be added later on Smile.

Hi Guardian Hope,

sorry to hear you were at the ER last week Sad

Get well soon
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
(2017-02-07, 14:07)Guardian Hope Wrote: Sorry everyone - I've been rather busy plus I actually was at the ER last week Sad.

Sad

hope it was nothing serious and you're better now.
(2017-02-08, 22:09)Nekromantik Wrote:

Sad

Recovering... for about 2-3 weeks Smile (3 being more likely Sad ).

As such, AZ:FA 5 won't be released until the end of February because I won't really be working on the project until I am recovered.

On another note, the finalized changelog for AZ:FA 5:

Code:
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers - "From Ashes 5" (Released March 1, 2017)
Danvers: 5.0.00 (5.0.00_danvers-ga)

Welcome to Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers, the next generation of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes. Supporting Krypton, From Ashes 5 introduces a variety of new features and an updated design. New to From Ashes 5 include long awaited features both in and out of the Kodi experience with more to come.

New AZ:FA Icon
Updated Preview Screenshot Package
Emby Library Video Detection Fixed
Fixed Hot Pink Texture Overlay
Fixed PVR Accessibility
Fixed Home Screen Lower Bar
Fixed IMDB Top 250
Fixed Spotlight Widget
Fixed Video Information for Rotten Tomatoes
Changed Music Lyric Display
Suppressed all "Preview" Notifications
From Ashes Information Now Uses the Caitlin Snow (For Another Age) "About From Ashes" Preview Template
Texture Package: 5.0.00 (Includes UHD Detection Icons)
Addon Framework: 5.0.00

Known Issues:
  • Potential Issue with YouTube Plugin (Unconfirmed)
  • Potential Sync Compatibility Issues With PlexKodiConnect (Unconfirmed)
(2017-02-09, 17:58)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2017-02-08, 22:09)Nekromantik Wrote:

Sad

Recovering... for about 2-3 weeks Smile (3 being more likely Sad ).

As such, AZ:FA 5 won't be released until the end of February because I won't really be working on the project until I am recovered.

On another note, the finalized changelog for AZ:FA 5:

Code:
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers - "From Ashes 5" (Released March 1, 2017)
Danvers: 5.0.00 (5.0.00_danvers-ga)

Welcome to Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers, the next generation of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes. Supporting Krypton, From Ashes 5 introduces a variety of new features and an updated design. New to From Ashes 5 include long awaited features both in and out of the Kodi experience with more to come.

New AZ:FA Icon
Updated Preview Screenshot Package
Emby Library Video Detection Fixed
Fixed Hot Pink Texture Overlay
Fixed PVR Accessibility
Fixed Home Screen Lower Bar
Fixed IMDB Top 250
Fixed Spotlight Widget
Fixed Video Information for Rotten Tomatoes
Changed Music Lyric Display
Suppressed all "Preview" Notifications
From Ashes Information Now Uses the Caitlin Snow (For Another Age) "About From Ashes" Preview Template
Texture Package: 5.0.00 (Includes UHD Detection Icons)
Addon Framework: 5.0.00

Known Issues:
  • Potential Issue with YouTube Plugin (Unconfirmed)
  • Potential Sync Compatibility Issues With PlexKodiConnect (Unconfirmed)

Hi Guardian,

Hope you are recovering ok, and take it easy the next weeks...

A few things I was wondering ... Smile

1: Spotlight, the fix here will that handle so you can chose what info you want to see in the spotlight? Today I am running with the default view, but are not able to change what the spotlight should show.

2: If you choose a classic view, you are able to get info on top of your icons / menues..... But here you can choose what folder you want to see info from, but are you able to choose it like this?
  • In my menu I got bluray, bluray-dk, cartoon etc. Here I would like to see what has been added lately to my folder, on my plex server. in the PKC I have the option to choose resent added folder, but that will only show the folder the resent added in the given folder like Bluray - resent added.... Each folder has it own resent added, so this function could be very nice to have Smile I am not sure if this can be done already today or not. Smile

3: The option to change the CEC buttoms what they do.... How can I do this todayHuh I have tried to play around with this, but not working as I wanted.... Today when I watch tv, I would like to press the info button on my remote on my samsung tv, so I can see the info of the given channel program, that is not a option. Also when I press guide it dont show the full guide, it only show the guide for the given channel.... Can this be changed and how? Smile
Great skin, but two issues. The wallpaper shows the edges sometimes and doesn't zoom in enough to avoid it like the regular AZ Skin, and, if you don't use the classic setting, the icons go above the bottom border.
First off, beautiful skin! Big Grin definitely going to be sticking with it through it's development. I'm running into a few issues though with widgets, skin helper service, "please wait" loading screens and a few other things, I've uploaded a log file if you could take a look, hopefully things can be ironed out as I've no intention of switching out for something else! Thanks Smile
Is it a known bug with this skin and Kodi 17 where it wont display PlayerProcessInfo? It used to be CodecInfo.
Works on default kodi 17 skin but not AZ:FA.
I am using muti-image background with a whole bunch of HD wallpapers, though they many are slightly different resolutions.

The normal Artic Zephyr mod works fine with them, but this one doesn't zoom each image properly to avoid showing white borders on the side of some of them. Any way to fix this? It looks SUPER ugly.
(2017-02-10, 15:31)osberg Wrote: Hi Guardian,

1: Spotlight, the fix here will that handle so you can chose what info you want to see in the spotlight? Today I am running with the default view, but are not able to change what the spotlight should show.

2: If you choose a classic view, you are able to get info on top of your icons / menues..... But here you can choose what folder you want to see info from, but are you able to choose it like this?
  • In my menu I got bluray, bluray-dk, cartoon etc. Here I would like to see what has been added lately to my folder, on my plex server. in the PKC I have the option to choose resent added folder, but that will only show the folder the resent added in the given folder like Bluray - resent added.... Each folder has it own resent added, so this function could be very nice to have Smile I am not sure if this can be done already today or not. Smile

3: The option to change the CEC buttoms what they do.... How can I do this todayHuh I have tried to play around with this, but not working as I wanted.... Today when I watch tv, I would like to press the info button on my remote on my samsung tv, so I can see the info of the given channel program, that is not a option. Also when I press guide it dont show the full guide, it only show the guide for the given channel.... Can this be changed and how? Smile

1) Right now the fix for Spotlight is only intended to allow it to function the way it was originally meant to - the options currently available to it like Recently Added, Trending, etc. Any future addressing of the Spotlight view will be post AZ:FA 5.

2) I am a little confused as to which view you want such a thing implemented, Classic or Default? Classic dates back to early AZ:E and there is a way to show the recently added on that view (the OSMC original theme does it) but for Default there's no way that's going to be done because Default doesn't display items like that.

There's also the account that For Another Age means the sunsetting of certain views. An updated "Classic" (name TBD) is going to make a preview appearance later in AZ:FA 5 while an entirely new design will be making its way into For Another Age rendering the current default view as "classic."

A lot of view changes are going to be worked out after AZ:FA 5 is released.

3) I thought the button mapping screens were already implemented in AZ:FA. I'll have to check - if they're not then they will have to be implemented later. I have a Samsung Curved SUHD 4K - a multitude of them and none of the remotes have buttons for "info" on the smart remote.

As for PKC specific features, right now I can't tell you things one way or another because Plex was never tested against AZ:FA or its predecessors. I don't use Plex nor do I have a Plex setup in any way and at the moment I am down my regular development computer/server because it got stuck in the blizzard in New Jersey last week.

(2017-02-12, 06:00)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: Great skin, but two issues. The wallpaper shows the edges sometimes and doesn't zoom in enough to avoid it like the regular AZ Skin, and, if you don't use the classic setting, the icons go above the bottom border.

Will have to investigate the wallpapers but I believe there's an option to stretch to fit the screen for them.

The icons shouldn't even be available in anything other than the current Classic view. It sounding more and more like there's an error with the setting and that needs to be addressed so that icons won't display in anything other than Classic view.

The alternative will be to remove the setting completely because I've never liked those icons.

(2017-02-12, 18:19)Ajin Wrote: First off, beautiful skin! Big Grin definitely going to be sticking with it through it's development. I'm running into a few issues though with widgets, skin helper service, "please wait" loading screens and a few other things, I've uploaded a log file if you could take a look, hopefully things can be ironed out as I've no intention of switching out for something else! Thanks Smile

Welcome aboard! I'm going to need you to be more specific on what issues you are running into. The log file isn't a debug level log file but a normal log file. Please enable debug logging and upload those logs a long with what particular issues you are running into.

Right now I can address the "Please Wait" loading screen. The "Please Wait" prompt appears when From Ashes is doing something such as rewriting the menus with updated library information or updating the home screen on first start. The prompt shouldn't appear excessively unless From Ashes is being run on something relatively slow or if Kodi is trying to connect to an external source that is relatively slow (i.e. you have a media server with your content and the connection between the host device and the client is slow - ipref is a good way to figure that one out if it's the case).

(2017-02-13, 00:13)Nekromantik Wrote: Is it a known bug with this skin and Kodi 17 where it wont display PlayerProcessInfo? It used to be CodecInfo.
Works on default kodi 17 skin but not AZ:FA.

Known bug. It's part of the AZ:FA 5 update but I guess I didn't add it to the changelog.

(2017-02-13, 03:12)Zacharybinx34 Wrote: I am using muti-image background with a whole bunch of HD wallpapers, though they many are slightly different resolutions.

The normal Artic Zephyr mod works fine with them, but this one doesn't zoom each image properly to avoid showing white borders on the side of some of them. Any way to fix this? It looks SUPER ugly.

There should be an option to toggle whether you want to image to be "centered," "fit to screen," etc. but I need to revisit the AZ:FA options page.

Right now I am without my normal workstation/server and as such I haven't been able to fully vet everything.

I'll have a better idea of what's needed in AZ:FA 5 as soon as my computer gets back from NJ.

--

Finally, for everyone, the NortheBridge by Design Repo 1.0 has officially been sunsetted. If you haven't already started using the NortheBridge by Design 2.0 repository, download links are available on the first page. Based on the repo statistics, it seems everyone has made the transition.

Upcoming is of course AZ:FA 5, the From Ashes Project Official Site, the From Ashes Project Development and Bug Reporting Tracker, and the From Ashes Quick Start Wizard.

A lot is coming down the pipeline and I am not certain which order they will be released - just that they will be there soon.
(2017-02-13, 08:07)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 15:31)osberg Wrote: Hi Guardian,

1) Right now the fix for Spotlight is only intended to allow it to function the way it was originally meant to - the options currently available to it like Recently Added, Trending, etc. Any future addressing of the Spotlight view will be post AZ:FA 5.

2) I am a little confused as to which view you want such a thing implemented, Classic or Default? Classic dates back to early AZ:E and there is a way to show the recently added on that view (the OSMC original theme does it) but for Default there's no way that's going to be done because Default doesn't display items like that.

There's also the account that For Another Age means the sunsetting of certain views. An updated "Classic" (name TBD) is going to make a preview appearance later in AZ:FA 5 while an entirely new design will be making its way into For Another Age rendering the current default view as "classic."

A lot of view changes are going to be worked out after AZ:FA 5 is released.

3) I thought the button mapping screens were already implemented in AZ:FA. I'll have to check - if they're not then they will have to be implemented later. I have a Samsung Curved SUHD 4K - a multitude of them and none of the remotes have buttons for "info" on the smart remote.

As for PKC specific features, right now I can't tell you things one way or another because Plex was never tested against AZ:FA or its predecessors. I don't use Plex nor do I have a Plex setup in any way and at the moment I am down my regular development computer/server because it got stuck in the blizzard in New Jersey last week.

1 + 2: Ahh I see the point here. Smile It could be great if the spotlight could either be modified so that you could see the info I am looking for here.... or if the classic view could return with modification Big Grin

3: I have not found the place where I can modify the button on my remote yet.... but I could be blind here. Smile I got serval a bit older tv there has this type of remote: http://www.hdpartsinc.com/hdmaster/produ...441A_c.jpg -- and here I got a info button Smile
Hi Guardian Hope,

I have not used Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes for at least two months. one that was improving was the music OSD. I liked minimalist flip album artwork, it was perfect. I don't know whats happened but now it's lost its minimalist look. as you can see the background artwork is pushed to the top plus I can't disable it in the settings.

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes beta 10

previous version. please ignored the vinyl album displayed in the photo

Thanks
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7