Problems with color and brightness in Kodi
Photo 
Hello all,
I have a small problem with Kodi at this point. And i'm gonna try to explain it as best as i can!

So the problem started last week, Kodi was working always fine before, but this week when i started Kodi and wanted to watch some series. I noticed the colors was way off then it normal was.
At first i had the idea maybe it was a wrong video file or wrongley recorded. But when i noticed it on all my files i started thinking mayby there is something else wrong.

First let me explain a little about the setup.
I have a windows 7 "media pc" normally it is connected with HDMI to my reciever. Witch connects to my TV (Sony Bravia).
GPU is Intel Graphics HD4600 no seperate videocard.
No enhancers on. There has been no Update on the PC before the truble started, and no updates on the tv either.
Tested both on Kodi 15.2 and as you can see in log on Jarvis, problem stays.

As you will see in the log later, i have tried many things, so now it is connected directly to my tv. But the problem still is there.

To give a good impression of how Kodi messes up, i made some pictures of my screen with my phone to give you an idea. Because when i play the files with another mediaplayer on my PC everything is fine.

Kodi:

Plex:

Note: The bright light under the "ufo" is not the flash of my camera, just for information. Wink

As you can see, the clouds are all messed up.
And in other scene's skin colour is all messed up to, That are the two problems you see the problem the best.
I set my tv with limited RGB on and off but this makes no difference.

Here is the link to my Debug log. Mayby someone sees something what is ging wrong with Kodi at this point. Because i think the problem is within Kodi.
Kodi Debug Log

Hope someone can help me, because i really want to use Kodi,
But at this point, it isn't watchable.
Off the bat, I'd be tempted to try disabling your graphic hardware acceleration. It's the usual culprit in cases that VLC player plays fine while Kodi settings are botched. Check out this link regarding limited colour range settings. And here's a link for free colour calibration tools
Quote:So the problem started last week
Got to be some change somewhere.... auto-up-date on your drivers perhaps? Check carefully your cables, connections and ports (do a bit of wiggling). Also note the video might be in x265 & 10 bit, try 'other' videos.

Welcome to the forums.
No, everything is off, even switched between different HDMI cables. all no result.
Tried de Limited colour settings, makes the tv even more brighter, so also not the wanted effect.

PC had zero updates since December, just double checked.
It is a very strange problem.
Is dxva2 definately unchecked? There's a bug in Jarvis RC1 in which it applies the limited colour range when dxva2 is enabled.
You don't state which version of Kodi you are using. I ran in to a similar problem with the Jarvis betas and rc1 on one of my systems. The fix for me was to turn video rendering from auto to software.
Hope this works for you.
(2016-01-28, 11:56)MadScientist Wrote: Is dxva2 definately unchecked? There's a bug in Jarvis RC1 in which it applies the limited colour range when dxva2 is enabled.
To be honnest Kodi doesn't apply unneeded color range conversion. The drivers does this.
Agreed, but ideally something needs to change to prevent colour range conversion being applied twice when both DXVA and 'limited colour range' are enabled. Swiching to full colour range in Kodi solves the problem in my case leaving the menus a little dark but not excessively so.
Gonna try the new tips later today, not at home right now. Will tell if it worked or not.
i also had the same green tint running jarvis rc2 on windows 7 and changing video rendering to software from auto worked for me
Thought i had turned dxva2 off while playing, but in the settings menu i saw it was still on.

So i put the check mark off that, en change the render method to software.
And that did the trick, everything is fine now!

Thanks for all the input guys much appreciated!
Being hit by the same problem when getting kodi for Windows got me hunting for solutions. Did all the same things others tried, went back to 14.2/15.2 and now 16.1, all the same over-vivid colors. It’s not hue or gamma, while trying to solve this via the Intel video driver control panel I ended up with all sorts of settings that I forgot what was default, so I hit ‘back to default’ and low and behold the colors went back to normal with dxva turned on! I did had to increase saturation to 1.2 (from 1.0) to get a more natural skin color of people but that was it.
Dxva turned on and dxva rendered (selected) on a HP laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000 using it’s default settings. You might want to have a look at your settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with color and brightness in Kodi0