NFS vs Samba Shares
Can I use NFS shares instead of samba to read the timeshift & record file? Would I see an appreciable difference?

When I stream movies, tv shows, and music I don't have any buffering or stuttering issues. Also, when I watch content via HDHomerun via the addon or backend everything plays silky smooth. However, my Hauppague Colossus or HDPVR2 intermittently stutter and buffer to the point of completely freezing. Everything was playing fine until I update to version 15 and has gotten worse under version 16 of Kodi.

NOTE: I have increased the PVR buffer size by up to 60% in my advancedsettings.xml. End to end all of my hardware is beefy with plenty of ram, hdd storage, and latest i7 processors, all are CAT6 wired, running through a gigabit switch. It is just perplexing to me that some days I cannot watch TV unless I watch content streamed from HDHomerun.
No, NFS is not supported. Only other option is to switch to RTSP streaming. The PVR addon in 16 has no changes compared to 15 for streaming, so nothing I can do about it. Did you already check the Kodi.log file for clues?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Dang. Ok, is their a guide to setting up RTSP streaming other than selecting it from the menu window? Is it faster than the regular streaming? What are the pros and cons of RTSP streaming?

I meant all worked well in 14 and everything started getting wacky when I upgraded to 15 and have gotten worse with 16. Sorry I wasn't clear. I will check the log but it happens so randomly and I am not completely sure of what I am looking for. I will post it here for you to peruse.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS vs Samba Shares0