OpenElec 6.0.1 (27-01-2016)
I was also a little surprised by the release, given that the RC1 for Jarvis is also out.

But I guess it makes sense to clear up anything outstanding on Isengard to bring it to a final stable release before they start working on and issuing the versions for Jarvis RC's (presumably 6.95.1 or similar, based on what they did last time).

But I can understand the confusion also given that there are versions of Isengard, Jarvis and Krypton all around from various sources.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-28, 15:02)XODINL Wrote: Yes, that was my idea also. I like Jarvis on Pi2 very much and it's running great and don't understand why they pu a update to 6.0.1 Isengard now.
Presumably because they won't have a stable Jarvis version ready to release any time soon then.
6.0 (Isengard) wan't released until 15.2 had been out for a while. So the alternative is to leave people wanting 'stable' builds on Helix.
(2016-01-28, 15:18)DarrenHill Wrote: I was also a little surprised by the release, given that the RC1 for Jarvis is also out.

But I guess it makes sense to clear up anything outstanding on Isengard to bring it to a final stable release before they start working on and issuing the versions for Jarvis RC's (presumably 6.95.1 or similar, based on what they did last time).

But I can understand the confusion also given that there are versions of Isengard, Jarvis and Krypton all around from various sources.

It won't be a big deal, but with changing off Guisettings (better in Jarvis imo) in Jarvis it can be a little tricky Smile
According to update record

"update version to include iOS9 compatibility"

means iOS9 should be compatible with music streaming now?

I updated to 6.0.1 but can't find the iOS 9 compability button, just the iOS8.

any ideas? or everyone has the issue?
(2016-01-29, 11:56)Limcard Wrote: I updated to 6.0.1 but can't find the iOS 9 compability button, just the iOS8.

Why are you expecting to find an "iOS 9 compability button"? The change is to the libshairplay library, which has improved support for iOS9 (at least until Apple break it again).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
it's strange than, because airplay music streaming is not working.

I unchecked the iOS 8 support, restarted the Pi2. But its not working. For you guys its working? I think i do something wrong than.

My iPad run under iOS 9.2.1

hopefully I can get help here, I love that airplay feature :-)
no idea, anyone?
I have a large .ts file that plays fine on any recent Milhouse build but on any recent official release the buffer goes up VERY slowly and then plateaus around 15%

I would just run Milhouse but I get all sorts of broken dependencies and the scrubbers seem to work differently / not as good.

Is this due to the Isengard / Jarvis difference?
(2016-01-31, 21:01)Lasz82 Wrote: and the scrubbers seem to work differently / not as good.

You know that the idea is to report the problems you find while testing bleeding edge builds - how else do you expect such problems to be fixed?

The video player has been rewritten in Kodi 17 which might explain the better performance you saw with my test builds, and the problems you see in Kodi 15.2 (Isengard).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec 6.0.1 (27-01-2016)0