Kodi installed as an app? newbie help
Hi, I currently Have a NAS Drive with Movies TV etc and I view using PLEX on a Samsung Smart TV.
So just the NAS + TV with no other computer or client required. Its great but Im also interested in using Kodi. Is it possible to use with the basic setup I have or will I need a computer or client to run the Kodi software?

The Plex is installed as an app on both the NAS and the TV. It seems to me that the same cant be done with Kodi?

If I do need something will a Raspberry Pi do it?

Thanks in advance for any help
seems like a lot of plex folks have switched to emby for kodi: https://emby.media/downloads/emby-for-kodi/ I was never really a plex user but I did move to emby
Thanks for the reply, but I still need to run kodi somehow?
Yes, you need a device connected to the TV that runs Kodi. A Raspberry Pi 2 is excellent at this. If you can get a Nexus Player for $50 USD or less, that's also a good buy for running Kodi.
OK thanks that what I thought. Will the Roku streaming stick do it?
No it will not.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Read the sticky posts on top of the very first page... Mainly

Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated Jan. 2016)
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi installed as an app? newbie help0