Letters lookup with numbers
Hi,
When I enter my music library in xbmc, the list is very long. When I want a band that start with the letter t, for example, I have to scroll all the way down which takes few seconds.
Is it possible to implant a mini-search based on the numbers pressed on the remote? (something resembling the way you write text on mobile phones)

Thanks
I see you haven't tried the Search item in the root of the music library (not the button on the right)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I see you haven't tried the Search item in the root of the music library (not the button on the right)

I don't use library mode.
Then you're out of luck.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Then you're out of luck.

Is there a chance a feature like that will be implanted?
P.s. the search in library mode is cumbersome for the use I mentioned above.
Have you actually tried it (ie the "Search" node in the library view. NOT the search button on the right)?

It does exactly what you want: Prompts a keyboard and you can type the first letter, and it goes away and searches. Hit the second letter and it refines the search and so on.

And no, this is unlikely to be added to files view (search in that form doesn't make sense there anyway) though the "Filter" button MAY be added in it's place (and removed from library mode, as search replaces it).

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Have you actually tried it (ie the "Search" node in the library view. NOT the search button on the right)?

It does exactly what you want: Prompts a keyboard and you can type the first letter, and it goes away and searches. Hit the second letter and it refines the search and so on.

And no, this is unlikely to be added to files view (search in that form doesn't make sense there anyway) though the "Filter" button MAY be added in it's place (and removed from library mode, as search replaces it).

Cheers,
Jonathan

I see, thanks.
I've only used library mode once or twice few months back, and only tried the search function on the left.
Ok, well please give it a go, and also check out the filter button on the left in library mode. That feature "may" be possible to add to files view. It's kinda redundant in library view as the new search node (Not the search button on the left!) stuff is way better.

jmarshall Wrote:Ok, well please give it a go, and also check out the filter button on the left in library mode. That feature "may" be possible to add to files view. It's kinda redundant in library view as the new search node (Not the search button on the left!) stuff is way better.

I tried it yesterday, how do I use the search node with the remote?
Press the search node. It pops up the virtual keyboard.

Use SMS style input to input the letters, and away it goes. Make sure you're using a nice new build, as there was a few issues with SMS mode input for this earlier (the new T3CH should be fine).

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Press the search node. It pops up the virtual keyboard.

Use SMS style input to input the letters, and away it goes. Make sure you're using a nice new build, as there was a few issues with SMS mode input for this earlier (the new T3CH should be fine).

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm using the latest tech with PM3. I can't find the search node. All I got is the normal search on the left.
then you're not using latest t3ch and/or need to get glasses.
spiff Wrote:then you're not using latest t3ch and/or need to get glasses.

I am.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Letters lookup with numbers0