[Release] Konsodi v0.1.2: interactive Python console/shell
Sometimes when I was developing Kodi addons I needed to quickly test some small code snippets, before using it.
Usually I had to use xbmc.log() function or write some small dummy addons for debugging.
But that all was very inconvenient, especially considering that one of the remarkable Python features is built-in interactive interpreter (or shell, or console).
I really missed it in Kodi. So, I decided to write one!..
Now, please welcome Konsodi - interactive Python console/shell. Hope it will be useful for someone.

Dowload: https://github.com/kharts/konsodi/releas...-0.1.2.zip
Source code: https://github.com/kharts/konsodi

Interface of Konsodi is very familiar and simple. Just text field for command input, "Run" button, and the textbox with the results.
You can:

- Enter command in the appropriate field;
- Run it - using special onscreen button or pressing Enter twice (I know it would be more usual to press Enter only one time, but I didn't want to break standard Kodi features, though I could);
- See the results (good or not :-)) in the history textbox;
- Scroll the results using mouse wheel or fancy buttons;
- Move through command history using Up and Down keys.

And that's it.
So, have fun! Wish you a pleasant debugging and new awesome addons!
Bugreports/remarks/suggestions are welcome.

CHANGELOG
v0.1.2
- Added settings:
* Window width;
* Window height;
* History rows;
* Run command on Enter

CREDITS

Great thanks to Roman_V_M for his wonderful pyxbmct framework.

LICENSE

Except as otherwise noted, the source code is distributed according to the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version.

Material icons by Google used under CC BY 4.0 / changed color.
Sorry for spam, but (to moderators) maybe it would be better to move thread to "Development - Add-ons" subforum?
Thanks in advance.
Moved as requested
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks
Awesome Smile
Just a minor suggestion, It would be great if you could not bring the Dialog().input() when hitting enter and having some text already in the text input control. Bring it only if the input is empty otherwise we need to hit enter twice to get the command to be executed. I would also make the dialog a bit wider.

Thank you very much for a very handy addon
(2016-02-03, 01:04)enen92 Wrote: Awesome Smile
Just a minor suggestion, It would be great if you could not bring the Dialog().input() when hitting enter and having some text already in the text input control. Bring it only if the input is empty otherwise we need to hit enter twice to get the command to be executed. I would also make the dialog a bit wider.

Thanks)

About hitting Enter - I knew that It will bother not only me) I think I'll make a setting for it.
About size of the dialog - I'll also add such setting.
(2016-02-03, 08:59)kharts Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 01:04)enen92 Wrote: Awesome Smile

Thanks)

About hitting Enter - I knew that It will bother not only me) I think I'll make a setting for it.
About size of the dialog - I'll also add such setting.

Done. Here is a new version.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Konsodi v0.1.2: interactive Python console/shell0