• 7(current)
Alpha Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
I have a few video files on my local machine that i have put into a folder and added that folder to kodi. is there a way to have kodi play those files with this skill? when i say to play the show it doesnt find it but when i go to video's then files i see the folder i created with the 4 episodes in it. right now i have to go through the navigation commands which to be honest isnt any easier then using the mouse. i'd like to be able to say "alexa tell kodi to play paw patrol" and have it just look for the local files i already have instead of trying to use quasar which i dont use. the files arent named in a way with season number and such example pawpat1x2 is one of the file names.

Thanks for any help that can be given im sure im just doing something wrong. I'm using Kodi version 16 on a windows 10 media center.
UndecidedMy Alexa always gives me the "Kodi is not connected to the server. Please help.. I have all setup in kodi, alexa key and all.
Question for the forum. Anyone had any success with films or TV shows that are numeric only? I haven't had success with shows like "The 100" or "300". The Sample Utterances can't be added as they are numeric. When I tried to sound them out. Like "The One Hundred" and add it that way, Alexa would throw an error on the entire application. I had to delete everything in Kodi and the skill in Amazon Developer and start completely over. So, adding anything in the Sample Utterances does not seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?
is the original dev of this still here? just wondering if there's any update as to when the "next episode" functionality will be available.
I second the post by @mat_oli. I haven't seen any activity and I haven't gotten a response via the developer's git hub account either.
(2016-04-25, 21:14)Dewey72 Wrote: Ok I have everything down to the Alexa Services. The app has the configuraiton box greyed out. I have the latest Kodi build. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am stuck on this too... I have API key but nowhere to enter it... am I missing something?
This from the developer at GitHub yesterday:

"Development on this project has largely stopped. Controlling local Kodi media is possible, but the maintainting of addons is too difficult.

Due to the large difficulty of keeping addons up to date, development on a new project for android/androidtv/firetv will be stared, which will interface directly with APPS for these platforms, which are much more stable than kodi addons.

Expect the new project to be up in the coming weeks, and have this project integrated into it."
Hey everyone...

I'm really sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like.

A few major changes and justifications...

I've got a new job in a new city. This transition has caused me to have next to no time for the past few weeks.

I had some back and forth with the amazon team regarding getting the app approved, and it seems KODI centric applications won't be easy to get approved.

Most users are actually using FireTV, androidTV or appleTV. I built this skill for myself on a linux HTPC, but i'm coming around to getting a dedicated system as that seems to be the future. This is because of things like 5.1 audio 4k on Netflix and Hulu or "streaming not allowed on your device" issues. Or watchESPN requiring browsers etc. Its much cleaner when an app exists.

For these reasons, I'm pivoting the project just a bit, and making it less Kodi centric. but an application to run on android/windows/linux etc. That will launch from ALL sources based on if you have the application installed, not messing with Kodi's Addon platform, where Addons break every few weeks.

Kodi will still function, but the app will now be more of a multi-application launcher based on source. Not a Kodi-first player.

Hopefully these changes will be well-received.

I hope that they will make the long-term maintenance and development of this project as well as the approval process easier.
if it became a windows/android launcher, how would we be able to control Kodi using it? ie. asking it to "play game of thrones season 6 episode 4"..
Same as it currently does.

It will open up the kodi app/ kodi and interact through the JSON API, much like the remote interface.
So being a multi-application launcher, it sounds like I'd be able to launch Kodi as well via an Alexa command, that's great! Looking forward to seeing the next version of your app!
Hi Folks,

I noticed this thread earlier but didn't really dive in until I received my Echo Dot yesterday. I followed the tutorial that was posted on 2016-03-07, and it worked like a charm UNTIL I got to the Configuration screen on the Amazon developer site. It's now asking for a URL or a Lambda ARN.

Maybe this is a new thing on the developer site, or maybe I'm just a dumb guy and missed the instructions for this in the tutorial. But what am I supposed to put here for the URL/Lambda ARN?
I could do everything except install the repo on kodi itself.

How frustrating.

Still, thanks for this rsummers618.
I got it working, however not without issues. I am running Openelec on a Pi3. Unfortunately Chrome is not available for Pi so some of the features are not available for me.

Has anyone successfully changed Pulsar to another source? Perhaps if we could integrate Stream All The Sources channel it would eliminate the need to look anywhere else (besides locally).

However this is beyond myskillset.

@rsummers618 what do you think? I think remapping to search STREAM ALL THE SOURCES instead of Pulsar would eliminate a lot of issues.
Would any of you be interested in putting a pot together to rsummers618 to change from scraping pulsar to scraping the Kodi channel Stream All The Sources? That way we wont need chrome launcher. I am on a Pi so I cannot use Chrome launcher since it does not have a chrome browser.

Integration with Stream All The Sources would make a lot of headaches go away.

I'd be down to toss $50 into the pot. Anyone else?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon3