• 4(current)
Alpha Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
thanks for the update...
This being talked about somewhere else or nothing going on?
My effort is going to getting the skill published rather than adding new features at the moment

This is requiring quite a bit of back and forth given the nature of the skill
Hi,

can you help me with getting the key?

I get Skill response was marked as failure.
The Target Lambda application returned a failure response.
(2016-03-31, 03:36)rsummers618 Wrote: My effort is going to getting the skill published rather than adding new features at the moment

This is requiring quite a bit of back and forth given the nature of the skill

good luck, can't wait, great work...
Long time fan, first time caller Smile

I'm so close I can taste it, local movies won't play. Now seeing "Skill response was marked as failure" in the app and Alexa says "Kodi is not connected to the server"

- Chrome launcher installed
- Plugin only shows "Netflix" for Series and Movies (Music, Live, Sports) is empty

Edit 1

I GOT IT, this is so sweet thank you! How do I configure Settings for sports to scrub various subreddit streams ?
This has been far easier to setup (and much more effective) than previous solutions I've tried so Thanks! and it does look like a very promising start. Realizing that you're still in beta and busy trying to get the skill published, what are the chances that you could find time to add a working "select/enter" function? Currently the skill is not 100% effective at searching although the up/down/left/right work very well. If a "select" function were added it would provide basic voice navigation while you're pursuing other efforts and fine tuning at a later date.... (?)
I've got it hooked up, but I have no (blank) entries under all of the addon categories. I don't really have addons, but I have a huge (mysql) library. Does this not play things from the library?

I've tried asking Alexa to play a show/episode, and it says the media doesn't exist.

**Edit - I got it working. I made an assumption that I needed to change the host and port to mine. Bad assumption.
(2016-04-04, 22:34)curtgust Wrote: This has been far easier to setup (and much more effective) than previous solutions I've tried so Thanks! and it does look like a very promising start. Realizing that you're still in beta and busy trying to get the skill published, what are the chances that you could find time to add a working "select/enter" function? Currently the skill is not 100% effective at searching although the up/down/left/right work very well. If a "select" function were added it would provide basic voice navigation while you're pursuing other efforts and fine tuning at a later date.... (?)

Select is working just add it in the "NavLocation" on the Skill setting in amazon developer website you can add "Home" as well
Recently in getting this error

Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.65a7981f-28fc-4f8a-b936-f56def0282e6
The target Lambda application returned a failure response

Any clues??

TIA
(2016-04-06, 04:07)fbrea Wrote: Recently in getting this error

Any clues??

TIA

I had the same issue last night when trying to install. Granted I'm very new at this.. but what seemed to work for me, was to disable the skill in the amazon dev portal, then re-enable. Then I was getting appropriate responses. Could have been a fluke - but seems to have worked.
[FIXED] Never mind - I guess I had to reboot to see it in the Addons-Services menu.

I'm pretty new to both Kodi and the Echo, but getting through most of this has been a breeze! Thanks for your effort.

Of course, I'm getting stuck near the end of the setup and I'm positive it's just because of my ignorance/inexperience with Kodi.

I downloaded the repo .zip and enabled it - it shows up in my add-ons as enabled. However the next line says "Install the Alexa Service as normal." This is the part I have no idea how to do. When I click on the Alexa add on, the only options available are uninstall and disable. Configure is grayed out and I can't find the place to enter the key that got sent to my Alexa app.

Can anyone straighten me out on this?

Thanks.
[quote='funyuns' pid='2300427' dateline='1459667956']
Long time fan, first time caller Smile

I'm so close I can taste it, local movies won't play. Now seeing "Skill response was marked as failure" in the app and Alexa says "Kodi is not connected to the server"

- Chrome launcher installed
- Plugin only shows "Netflix" for Series and Movies (Music, Live, Sports) is empty

I'm experience the same issue, how do you fix it?

EDIT 1
OK, I Fix it
It was a mistake entering the auth code.
(2016-04-06, 17:29)jayboi Wrote:
(2016-04-06, 04:07)fbrea Wrote: Recently in getting this error

Any clues??

TIA

I had the same issue last night when trying to install. Granted I'm very new at this.. but what seemed to work for me, was to disable the skill in the amazon dev portal, then re-enable. Then I was getting appropriate responses. Could have been a fluke - but seems to have worked.

Thanks for the advice, up and running again!!!Rofl
In the latest Echo update, trying to play anything with the word "the" in it makes the Echo look for sports scores.

"Alexa, ask Kodi to play The Hateful Eight"

"I can't find a team named Hateful Eight"

Really pretty annoying that it doesn't understand you've "asked Kodi".
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon3